Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Fog Lights

2K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  96 stroker 
#1 ·
So why can't my fog lights be on independently from my headlights? I have seen other SD's with just the fogs on, I have tried 3 or 4 different switches and the all only allow the fogs when the main lamps are on.

Any insight? Thanks.

#2 ·
#7 ·
Turn your switch over to your running lights, then pull the switch and they should come on, thats what i had to do with mine, of course mines an 06, dont know what year yours is Dom.

#14 ·
Ok, I'm understanding the idea. Question, if I'm not concerned about having the fogs on with the high beams, can a toggle be avoided?

#15 ·
yes you can mod your switch or buy a newer style switch than it will pull out in the parkin position..you may have to splice a wire together tho..Did you ever try pullin the switch out in the parkin the light spot and checkin it.,

#16 ·
So everyone is clear for my application, my switch already pulls out in the parking position from the factory, I have the auto light feature which from my research, is what makes the difference.

#17 · (Edited)
and the fogs dont come on when you pull it out?

edit: if thats the case there is a wire that you can jump to make them come on when you pull it out..but Idk what wire it is...

#18 ·
If they did, would I have wasted everyone's time with a question? :poke::poke:

That's the 1 million dollar question.

#19 ·
:doh:maybe? lol...Like i said you can jump a wire but i dont remember all thats invovled.. and you can move the ground to something metel..like now it grounds to the highbeams..thats why they go off when you turn the highs on..if you wanted to do that also...

#20 ·
First off, why do you want to avoid a toggle? Second off, Kev... IIRC there is no pin there for anything to contact in the 02-03 trucks that don't have the fog light only option. Once again, IIRC... if you splice the wires the only thing you can get are these options...

No light.
marker lights w/ fog lights
headlights / marker lights / fog lights

If you use a toggle it's just simple to do and you get these combinations...

no light
marker lights
marker lights with fogs
low beams with fogs
high beams with fogs

#21 ·
I really dont know to much about it..cause mine came as a kit with a button..So i can have it however i want..

#22 ·
Is it a two pole toggle or three? If two pole, does on = foglights on always, or just on when factory switch demands.

#23 ·
The way I've installed it on several trucks allows you to only have power to your fogs when you have your marker lights on. This way, you still have the factory "beep" if you leave them on so that you can't forget and run down your battery. I use a 2 way switch, and if you don't ground it you won't have light to your switch, but you'll have power to your accessory.

#24 ·
Alright, I'm with ya. Why I asked about the toggle is I was trying to get my head around weather I would have to have it exposed on the dash, or if I could keep it hidden away.

I read the previous thread, and will do that when the truck is going back together. Thank you.

#25 ·
just be sure to verify wires w/ a test light b4 splicing in case the wire colors are slightly different.

#26 ·
well if you do like marty said..you could put the switch whereever so you wont see it and can leave it on all the time..cause if you turn your lights out fogs will go out.and you wont have a hole in your dash...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.