Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

05' 350 PS falls on it's face from a standstill

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  OBSWIZ 
#1 ·
I have an 05' 350 Superduty Powerstroke that just started falling on its face when taking off from a start like it is starving for fuel. Put in new fuel filters and air cleaner with no change. Doesn't do it every time but it started it 3 days ago and has been increasing in the amount of times it is doing it. When it does I can let off the pedal then press it down again and it will pick up and go like normal. No mods except for a cold air intake.

Any help will be appriciated.

Thanks.

#2 ·
I dont know but it kinda sounds like the solenoid on the turbo or sticking vanes. I'll send this to the top for more opinions

#4 ·
it sounds like the fuel pedal assembly. there is a device that looks like a volume control on a radio that is connected to the fuel pedal. this is called a potentiometer in electronics talk. this tells the computer how much fuel to send to the engine. you have to replace the whole fuel pedal assembly with this device attached. there have been reports of these going bad. i think the only place you can get these is at the ford dealer. don't know what they cost, but it is worth checking out. disconnect the plug on the floorboard and unbolt the fuel pedal from the floor to remove it.
hope this helps and good luck. sonny

#7 ·
I had the same issue when I bought my 04, after 2 egr valve swaps and cleaning the turbo the issue stopped. It was a pain in the a$$ though, b/c the truck would never fail when the mech was driving. Finally had to ride around w/ a data recorder to show the problem while it happened. Dealer ship said the new egr valve was faulty. Problem hasn't shown again for 2 yrs.

#8 ·
Same problem with my '04 also..3 turbos later..still would happen at the worst times. Tunes from Cale has cured 99% of this lag.

If you would like additional info on Cales tunes..PM me.

Cary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.