Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Backspacing and offset question..

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  cartmanea 
#1 ·
I just ordered a set of wheels, 20x10 with 4.5" backspace and -18 offset.. Im going to be running 38x15.5x20 tires.. think i will have rubbing issues under the truck??

#3 ·
Ok My signature is what i know about the truck.. I just bought it so i am still figuring it out..:confused:

#5 ·
Thats not what i want to hear.. Yeah, that was me with the other post.. where can i get spacers if i need them?

#7 ·
I don't know if i really want to go that wide.. I guess i will have to see how they fit..:doh:

#9 ·
Im not sure.. I just know they are the Mickey Thompson classic II in 16.5x12.. I know they are wide as hell..

#10 ·
I have 18x10" wheels with 5" backspace, so the center of the tire is moved IN 1/2" compared to your wheels. With 35x12.50s the tread is 1/4" outside the fender and the tires clear the frame/spring by 3/4" at full lock. My next tires will be 37x12.50 and should come right to the spring. 38x15.5 is a big, wide tire. You really need less backspace and a flare to run them. I'd look for something in the 13.5" width range and they'll fit a lot better and your highway mileage will improve.

#12 ·
I've seen quite a variance in offset specs from what you would expect based on wheel width and backspacing. I think its just differences between manufacturers in how they are measured. Really if a wheel was 10" outside edge to outside edge, then 0 offset would be 5" backspace, but that is 1/2" or 12.5mm from what you are expecting things to be DC. Am I thinking of this wrong, do they measure wheel width at the inside bead area and backspacing from the mounting flange to the back edge?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.