Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

gauge questions

855 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Abrannan19 
#1 ·
other than the 3 basic gauges (egt boost tranny)

what would be useful for a 6.0?

fuel pressure and HPO pressure?

anyone want to chime in and give me some idea's?

#2 ·
You can do your fuel pressure in 2 different spots really you can tie into your regulated return system or just before the front of the heads and see whats going in and how much its drops at WOT.

Oil Pressure you can do at 2 different places as well, I have one tied into the Oil filter housing, you can do the HPOP as well since you have an 03 you can tie into the ICP sensor on the back of the motor forgot who makes the wiring kit for it though.

#3 ·
I thought you were gonna ditch your 6.0! Anyway, I would go with fuel pressure next, under 45psi and you start to damage the injectors! I have heard that coolant temp vs. oil temp is good to have. Let's you know if you have any oil cooler problems.

#4 ·
I thought you were gonna ditch your 6.0! Anyway, I would go with fuel pressure next, under 45psi and you start to damage the injectors! I have heard that coolant temp vs. oil temp is good to have. Let's you know if you have any oil cooler problems.
I was originally gonna scrap it for a cummins.

but after some consideration decided to keep it.

I may still end up getting rid of it but it would not be the same reason. the economy finally hit me. :( time will tell till then I am gonna keep putting fuel into it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.