Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Intercoolers ?

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  smokinstroker 
#1 ·
Whats the difference in the Banks, Spearco, Hypermax intercoolers ? Should I look into getting one of these or can I keep rolling with my stock intercooler on my set-up.

#5 ·
I like the banks just because of the larger cac tubes...

My opinion of the IC is if you have larger then stock injectors it should be on your mod list..

Chris..water is cool (literally) but it doesn't last for ever..an IC does..and you dont have to refill it to use it either..

#6 ·
I got the Banks kit cheap used on craigslist locally. Didn't notice any mileage or power gains, but I have stock injectors and turbo. Also, EGTs probably went down, but I didn't have a gauge until after the intercooler went in. I'd say run the stock one until you pop the tanks.

#7 ·
I don't know but when cruising on the highway I think my zoodad does as much to keep things cool as a larger IC would. At highway speeds and 8-10 lbs of boost my IAT2's are = to the ambient air temp. I can't see how a bigger IC can improve on that.

#9 ·
seems like my egts are pretty high, i wont be using meth so just water for cooling. the guys at TSD directed me torwards water just because it would help with cooling without the huge jump in price, also would help my cooling in town. and with a 6 gal tank and it being completely computer controlled chris should be able to tweak everything to work smoothly with his laptop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.