Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

My motor build...finally!!

7K views 51 replies 29 participants last post by  06TWO50Diesel 
#1 ·
Well, we finally picked up my block from the machine shop on our way home from Kentucky a few days ago and today we started building my engine.

I can't believe I may just have a truck to drive here in the next few days...:D

I've been waiting a while but the machine shop did an awesome job on the machine work and I also got the whole rotating assembly balanced so she should run nice and smooth.

I'm also excited to see how all of Elites fancy parts work in my motor...stage 2 cam, chromoly pushrods, flycut and coated pistons with competition piston rings, ported and polished heads with heavy duty valvesprings. Should be a whole different kind of animal when she is up and running in a few days here hopefully.

I decided to go with a low key flat black paint scheme on my motor which I really like...should be pretty cool once all the shiny ceramic coated parts are all bolted up...:eek:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
A couple more pics...

Attachments

#3 ·
Congrats! :D

#6 ·
Bowling Green....we were down there for TS and the Diesel Power Challenge

#9 ·
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::postwhore2:

#16 ·
:postwhore2:

looks great cant wait 2 see videos of the truck in action

#17 ·
Well we had a pretty good day today. Got the intake, turbos, wastegate & piping hooked up, electrical all hooked up that we could anyway...getting closer

Attachments

#18 ·
Now hopefully tomorrow my motor is back at home in my truck that looks like a giant parts bin right now...:doh:

Attachments

#19 ·
Will this be another 1000hp+ Canadian built 6.0 truck?? :evil

#21 ·
Certainly lookin' like it! :eek:

#20 ·
wow Tyler she sure looks purdy! Glad to see you finally got her back and she's going together nicely. Cannot wait to see some video :evil Good luck with her ;)

#23 ·
looking awesome tyler! i'm sure you're getting excited to lay it down on the skinny pedal! i can't wait to see what kind of power comes out of it since the motor has a few tweaks over what is normally run

#29 ·
Great lookin motor! Seriously what kind of #'s are you looking for out of it? Is is going to be a daily driver or a track god?

#30 ·
This is my only vehicle so yes it will be a daily driver. I don't want to go bigger with my injectors unless I need too but it will see track duty once in a while for sure. I want to see what it will put out for HP with these 215cc injectors before I go bigger. As for numbers...who knows??? We will find out shortly.

#33 ·
Made some good progress again today. Motor is in the truck, tranny and transfer case is in and all bolted up, everything under the truck is all buttoned up. Tomorrow we should be making smoke if all goes well...:redspotdance: :rockwoot:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.