Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Speedo recal

2K views 33 replies 7 participants last post by  06powerstroke 
#1 ·
I just got 35"s on my SD and I was going to use the SCT to recalibrate the speedo. Then I searched the forums on here and noticed most people said it won't fix the speedo. I just want someone to clear that up for me. What are some other options for fixing the speedo?

#2 ·
Nobody? Guess I will just keep searchin...

#3 ·
Not to hijack your OP, but what wheels and tyres did you get..I am currently looking at 18x9 MT Classic II's with 35 inch tyres.

#8 ·
My rims are 18X9 XD Hoss, and the tires are 35X12.5 Pro Comp Xtreme AT.

#4 ·
How about the Tru-speed or the T.S. Respeed and theres another device,just caint think of the name at the moment.:doh:

#7 ·
#6 ·
So does Pro-Comp.

#12 ·
OMFG:eek: Those flash recalibrators are $200! Any one know of a cheaper place to get them?

#13 ·
Even the TS Respeed is $200:doh: Looks like I will just have to spend the money...

#14 ·
let me know how the superchips is if you decide to go that route been thinkin about one for my truck also

#16 ·
The tru-speed &re-speed wont.

#17 ·
So your saying the supechips will?

#18 ·
I had a sct.I personaly would go with a tru-speed or a re-speed.I still have the re-speed because its an individual electronic device that plays the part ''before'' the pcm.That way its doesn't have a chance to interfere with any thing you might be down loading onto the pcm or modifying later.

#19 ·
Exactly what I was thinking, thanks for all the info.

#22 ·
I did that it's off 4mph at 50mph no matter what I put in... My truck says 50, my radar gun says 54, same as a stock 6.0 with 35" tires.

#23 ·
Hey there is a bunch of stuff buried in there that isn't easy to see your first time out....

When you go into your custom tune choose to "adjust options" and lookup your tire size to see how many revolutions per mile they are and choose the closest to it (I think it goes in increments of 5) then shoot the program to the truck and you are done.

#25 ·
Your revs/mile sounds right,because 36''s come to 586.66.

#27 ·
I thought it would work too, then I also was told it would not. No problem on the false info, it happens...

#29 ·
OK I will I need to get a part anyway. I did hear that they can't go as big as 35's, but I will ask them...

#32 ·
That is why I started this thread, to clear it up.

#34 ·
Thanks Adam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.