Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Dodge guys and tow mirrors WTF

12K views 35 replies 24 participants last post by  M.L.S.C. 
#1 ·
:confused: Okay so I know 50% plus of the cummins owners now are dumb punks after TS. So I have a question is it just a big badass thing to run with there tow mirrors folded out? I have noticed since TS that all of them that are under 25 around here run with them out. Are they trying to fool people thinking they just towed a trailer and actually use the truck that their daddy just bought them?

It made me grin when I was up at my buddies body shop the other day and one of them had smacked something hard and sent it through the window (rolled up) and all the way out the back window now that thing did some damage.

Anyways just my rant thanks for listening :mad:

#3 ·
I only push mine out when I have pull my horse trailer or a big load of hay. I hate having them out because I live on a small road and travel on small country roads and I do good not to bash them on things when they are tucked in let alone when they are out.

#36 ·
Remember mine tho? Now tell me why Ford would ever come up with a setup like that on a tow-package truck - I can't see s*** when I have an enclosed trailer behind me, and there ain't nothing I can do to bring 'em further out! :doh: Sure like 'em rest of the time tho, I can fly by poles and walls without smacking anything, and if I'm backing up I know that if the dually bed clears I won't get hung up by the mirrors either. Which of course can be achieved with regular tow mirrors folded in, so that again makes it a very retarded setup for a dually truck that is supposed to pull big and heavy.

#7 ·
I always had my mirrors on my Dodge folded out, you could see around the truck better. BTW, my truck was a dually:D

#29 ·
and so do the Nissan Titan's, almost a direct copy.... even though I don't know why you would want tow mirrors on a Titan :hehe: LOL

#11 ·
I don't see where it's a problem...after driving several Dodges, both duallys and single rear wheel trucks, I'd rather have them up. Easier to see.

But, on the original topic, I'd say at least 75% of your 50% don't even USE those mirrors while they're driving...

#16 ·
When i first bought my PSD, i drove with mine out, then it hit me one day, that cant be good for fuel mileage, so i shoved them in and adjusted so i can drive with them, used them more than my rear view mirror lol. Trigger i think youll be ok since you have CC LB, i bet that thing is like driving a damn boat LOL

#17 ·
It made me grin when I was up at my buddies body shop the other day and one of them had smacked something hard and sent it through the window (rolled up) and all the way out the back window now that thing did some damage.
Would you happen to have any pictures of this? Need a good laugh this morning.:D

#23 ·
I will check with him tomorrow but I believe he finished it Friday, that is the second one I seen like that.

I drove with mine out.....for 2 miles I cant stand to see every idiot with a dodge drive around with them up. I can see them for towing, thats about it.

Mine never rattled though, ford mirrors are much better as far as viewing.
Well now your about to have the best of both worlds ;). How goes the conversion?

I talked to two guys with 6.0's that had aux fuel tanks full of coolant, I was confused and asked them why? They said they dident want to run out???
He comes prepared for when his HGs go.

why run with those mirrors out? if you adust them right you shouldnt have to, unless your towing.
Thats what I say I have a CC SB and I can see just fine with mine adjusted out right, people must not meet traffic on small back roads or try to go through drive thrus.

#20 ·
I drove with mine out.....for 2 miles I cant stand to see every idiot with a dodge drive around with them up. I can see them for towing, thats about it.

Mine never rattled though, ford mirrors are much better as far as viewing.

#21 ·
I talked to two guys with 6.0's that had aux fuel tanks full of coolant, I was confused and asked them why? They said they dident want to run out???

#25 ·
I keep mine in and can see out of them just fine. Push em out to see around trailers if need be but thats all. Go down too many narrow roads up here. With them pulled in they are almost sticking out too far.

Least he has on helluva diesel powered coolant pump to draw from that tank with :doh:

#31 ·
I've had an 06 Dodge since 06....had no idea the mirrors flipped u till I read this thread. LOL

Yes...I had to go try it today...man there was some nasty junk down behind there. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.