Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

GT42

12K views 142 replies 38 participants last post by  whitepower7.3 
#1 ·
Wanted to know if any of you were running this turbo and how you like it

#2 ·
Had one from DI on my orange truck with b-codes. Thing spooled friggin' great.

#4 ·
:whs:

#16 ·
are you guys running the 4202 or the 4294 and what housing? i just bought a gt4202 with a 1.10 t4 housing. im kinda worried about spooling it with 230cc hybrids. 74mm inducer i thought was a little big for a street driven single setup.

#22 ·
My 4202R on a T6 frame has always been unresponsive and smoky until this past weekend.

Jody's live tuning really changed all of that. That turbo is pretty darn eager now and boost jumps right up! Still not as quick to respond as a 38R however but then nothing is.

#25 ·
I believe it's the .79 AR but that is on a T6 frame and is actually much looser than say a 1.14 on a T4 framed GT4202R.

Rockin', the live tuning makes a LOT of difference, or at least it did in my case. But I certainly suspect that the smaller turbos work better at altitude.

#29 ·
How do you all think a GT42 would do with mini swamps or the next size up with thier tunes for a towing application and somewhat daily driver? Lagy?

What about the option of getting an H2e instead?

#31 ·
How do you all think a GT42 would do with mini swamps or the next size up with thier tunes for a towing application and somewhat daily driver? Lagy?
Not really sure on that, haven't been there and know nothing about the 42's.

What about the option of getting an H2e instead?
You've got a lot more charger options with having this mount, in my opinion...look at all the chargers that can use that mount...

#32 ·
Well I like the GT42, becuase they can be found for as little as $500 and $800. Then all's I'll need is a mount, I'm just wondering how that big of a turbo would do with a set of injectors just over stock.

#39 ·
so which one would yoou put on there if your goal was to hit the 12s or lower and still be street driven:confused:

#40 ·

#44 ·
they both use the same turbine housings in either 1.01, 1.15, 1.28, and 1.44a/r

#42 ·
i got my 42 for $850 shipped, it is used but only has a few minutes of run time on it. a new s475 can be found for around $400 but then you need to get a different housing, the ones i found had 1.32 t6 housings. the others i found with the right housings were going in the 1100-1200 range. now if the gt42 has a t4 housing on it i should be able to pull it off and put a s475 on later on. given a little work to modify the down pipe and ic pipes.

#45 ·
The 42 is a great DD turbo. It will also get you well into the 12's with all the other mods. It will support 6-700 hp easily.

Housings come in, as said above, 1.01, 1.15, 1.28 and 1.44

The 1.15 does the job.............really well!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.