Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Dusted off a Duramax tonite

2K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  96 stroker 
#1 ·
I was at the ocean city cruise in maryland tonight in my superduty and there were a lot of cool cars and a ton of diesel trucks. i spent most of the night cruising with my buddy in his small block ranger ( which runs 10s ) . It was getting late and i had well over an hour drive home so i decided to split. i get to rehobeth beach and the roads are pretty deserted ( it's a little before midnite ) except for this kid in a duramax. we catch a light and i didn't expect anything to happen but i was ready just in case. the light turns green and we kinda roll out a little and bam ! he floors it , a split second later i floor my truck and it starts spinning, he pulls a half truck on me and soon as i hook up in 3rd i go blasting by him and put maybe 4 or 5 truck lengths on him. we catch another light and he ask what's done to my truck and i say only a programmer and he says he's got one too. ( i knew he did because he was rolling black smoke ) . Tomorrow when i go back to the cruise i'll have the hubs locked that way i can put er in 4 wheel and eliminate my traction problems. oh well it's late, thanks for reading

#2 ·
AWESOME!!! what motor do you have???...

#3 ·
I love pickin on kids, since most of them know everything. Way to go man........:ford:

#7 ·
and i do as well.....:poke:

With the CORRECT tuning on a dmax, a dmax will.........:eek: ;)

Either way its still cool when you wax someone!

#14 ·
I'm a Ford Man and have been for 50 years, but I will tell you that this Dmax is impressive as H*lll. Rob is a member of our local club and I have watched this truck from the start.

#16 ·
What color ranger does your buddy have I think I seen it riding around. I was cruisin in my truck and had seen to 6.0's lauch at light in 4 wheel that made me want to buy my uncles truck sooner to get it ready to run some nice tunes on it

#17 ·
did anyone see a OBS with 2 tone white and red in the middle lifted a little..tryin to figure out what kind of wheels were on it

#18 ·
good job there. HHAHH id say if you blew by him he probly just let off the pedal a little or all the way......

#19 ·
here's my truck i had yellow numbers on the windshield and passenger side rear window from the track

On saturday i locked the hubs in case someone wanted to try me. ( which they did ) . A black dodge truck with smoke stacks and 3 a pillar guages was messing with this 05 or newer green mustang with exhaust. They kept stabbing the throttle at each other and one would gas it then the other would gas it. I followed them like this for almost 20 blocks. We all finally caught a light and i was in the left lane, the dodge in the right and the stang in the middle. I revved mine, gave the dodge the wanna race look and he revved back at me. i put the stick in 4 wheel high and before i could build any boost the light changed, the dodge stomped it and smoke was rolling, i could hear the mustang ripping on it and i floored mine. i was ahead before the end of the intersection. i was out pretty far on both of those guys, i could see the stang gettin a little squirrley and could hear him over both trucks and i could see the dodge rolling black smoke. it was all in vane cause i was gone. i ran it out to about 70 mph or so and backed it down ( i thought i'd get a ticket for sure but i didn't ). Chalk another 2 up for the old 6 liter .

My buddy's ranger is black with a cowl hood, weld pro star rims, and a roll bar with the 2 bars coming out of the back window, . His tag says pwranger

#21 ·
here's my truck i had yellow numbers on the windshield and passenger side rear window from the track

On saturday i locked the hubs in case someone wanted to try me. ( which they did ) . A black dodge truck with smoke stacks and 3 a pillar guages was messing with this 05 or newer green mustang with exhaust. They kept stabbing the throttle at each other and one would gas it then the other would gas it. I followed them like this for almost 20 blocks. We all finally caught a light and i was in the left lane, the dodge in the right and the stang in the middle. I revved mine, gave the dodge the wanna race look and he revved back at me. i put the stick in 4 wheel high and before i could build any boost the light changed, the dodge stomped it and smoke was rolling, i could hear the mustang ripping on it and i floored mine. i was ahead before the end of the intersection. i was out pretty far on both of those guys, i could see the stang gettin a little squirrley and could hear him over both trucks and i could see the dodge rolling black smoke. it was all in vane cause i was gone. i ran it out to about 70 mph or so and backed it down ( i thought i'd get a ticket for sure but i didn't ). Chalk another 2 up for the old 6 liter .

My buddy's ranger is black with a cowl hood, weld pro star rims, and a roll bar with the 2 bars coming out of the back window, . His tag says pwranger

I did see your buddies..that plate was funny...

I was in this most of the weekend..and when we saw your buddies ranger..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.