Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

7.3 performance.

4K views 48 replies 13 participants last post by  Tom S 
#1 ·
So knowing what it takes to get a 6.0 to 400 what does it take to get a 7.3 there.

I only ask because I am looking at getting a crew cab 7.3 lariat with a 4r100 it is a 02 so ya for PMR's

#2 ·
I would say 200cc hybrids or better with good tuning, fuel system, 38r and head studs.

On Edit: I would also add in a new TC and shift kit for the tranny.

#33 ·
just tired of playing catchup to cummins guys and when my next step is fuel system injectors turbo and then tranny....

not to mention I am sick of 6.0 issues. but no matter where I try to run I have to deal with some form of short coming. :blah:

honestly I get money together for a mod and something breaks. and money goes to repairs. I JUST GOT MY SCT again and it was only 240 dollars.

#32 ·
I would drive a 400HP PMR motor. No problems with the rods, no reason to open the bottom end. Now if you want to go more power then you need to think about doing something different. A 400HP PSD is great fun on the street. Back in the day I ran Stage IIs, big oil, fuel system, and a QSSB. Man that thing was crazy fun and a DD. If I had to do it over again I would have went hybrids instead of the IIs.

#41 ·
Either your a FORD fan or not ?:ford:

#44 ·
I also have a stock 6.0 for haullin cattle and a decent built cummins,that will be goin in a ford soon,but i wouldnt pick anything over a 7.3L. just my $.02

#45 ·
Damn, you guys are all over this guy. From what I hear; hybrids, turbo, and chip will be close. No idea of the cost.

#48 ·
My DP tuner didnt get me any better millage but i have seen a little better increase with the new motor and hybrids with Matt's tuning. And most of it does depend on driving

#49 ·
This thread is way off target and it is time to bring it to an end. Big Stroker try to keep your posting more on topic and positive not negative please.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.