Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

new engine

800 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  orangecrush1 
#1 ·
I am new to powerstrokes and rebuilding mine at the moment Iwas wondering what kind of mods I can I do with out going broke and the most hp with stock set up? thank

THE FAT MAN
c
a3n .do
sorry my 11 month old want to type too

#3 ·
well, you're in the 99-08 forum, so the first question is: which engine do you have?

Next question: what is you're budget?
Valve springs, pushrods, headstuds, are good mods and not extremely expensive.
Forged/billet connecting rods should undergo extreme consideration for PMR engines.
EGR delete for the 6.0L
GT38R turbo for the 7.3L
Leave about $200 for a good chip/tuner.

#4 ·
i would guess by your avatar you have a 1995 7.3.if im correct to keep the budget down.you have forged rods have them checked and re use them to keep cost's down,do studs,crower springs,pushrods,h2e kit,modded single hpo,good custom chip,and some injectors.

#6 ·
How much power are you looking for? and what is your budget? That is what we really need to know b4 we start telling you parts

#7 ·
He said the most HP with a stick setup. What setup? The motor, turbo tranny? Which one? I would say just start out with the basics. Chip, gauges, intake, exhaust, and a good valve body.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.