Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

too tall?

4K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  Sprman 
#1 ·
so i went to sac raceway on saturday night and they told me that the center of my crankshaft was too high and that i could race that day but that i cant come back until i lower it. he said the center of the crankshaft cant be higher than 32 inches. my truck really isnt that tall so wtf. has anyone else had this problem at the track.

#2 ·
crankshaft height?

#5 ·
Never heard of that. Local track just asks if you are running nitrous and checks for seatbelts,etc

#8 ·
I thought crank height was a pretty standard rule. I have always seen it stop people.

#13 ·
NHRA rules say that the crank height on a truck (to the center of the crank bolt) cannot exceed 36 inches for trucks running 12.00 and slower. It's 31 inches for trucks running 11.99 to 10.00.

I've been hassled about that at both Irwindale and Fontana dragstrips.

A four inch lift with 35 inch tires will typically put your crank right at 36 inches.

#23 ·
I have a 6" lift on mine. They have never asked me. They just say have fun and ask if the guy in the passenger seat is riding along.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.