Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Painting Telescoping mirrors

3K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  userma3648 
#1 ·
I have some telescoping mirrors that the black is starting to come off alittle so thought I would just paint them white to match my truck or paint them black again.. what would you use to paint them like could I just go to the local auto store and get some spray paint or would I have to have them sprayed by a professional?

thanks

#2 ·
should be able to paint them from your local autoparts store, i think they have paint for exterior parts. BTW love your avatar pic!

#5 ·
Post some pics if you decide to paint them white. Ive been contemplating painting mine to match the truck but I don't know what it will look like.

#10 ·
U-POL #5 high build is a good primer for plastic use the biege then it wont darken the white like a heavy gray primer will. .02 .....and yeah its a spray can primer

#14 ·
flex agents are meant for bumper covers and anti-dent plastic body parts, so you dont blow a bunch of paint off when you hit a cart at the store or the nieghbors diaper filler runs his bike into the door.

#17 ·
I'm laid off with the other 14.2% of oregon smartass. tell me the teliscoping part of a mirror needs flex agent. lighten up dude

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.