Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Oil ? and twins

7K views 82 replies 36 participants last post by  Tom S 
#1 ·
Hello everyone im a newbie on here. I was told about this forum from Tony at TDP who did a chip re burn for me and i would like to pick some brains on who has a good aftermarket hpop to upgrade to support stage 3 hybrid injectors and to see if anyone has herd of a company that does a bolt on kit for twins. I live in upstate NY and no one in this area has the capability or the connections to help me. any info is greatly appreciated, thanks for your time and help.

#2 ·
Stealth stageII or stage III high pressure pump
Terminator twin hpop
Swamps GenIII hpop
Try empire diesel performance for the twin turbos although I dont think anybody has a bolt on kit out. Any of the three hpop's above will be good

#67 ·
Wrong, I have 250cc hybrids and my oil pressure was 2100 in my "tow" setting and 1600 in my "race" setting.

I LOVE my BTS big oil system

#6 ·
i am going to go to stroked injecter

#9 ·
Personally I like the simplicity of one pump and the engineering behind the Stealth setup is top notch. Many good features that are not talked about are in that pump. Call up a dealer and talk to them about it.

What size of stroked A-codes are you talking about. Again my personal preference is to the hybrid compared to the stroked A-code.

What part of Upstate NY are you in? I travel up there at least once a year to the Potsdam area.

Jason

#15 ·
biggers better...lol
but even the adrenaline should handle most hybird injectors..now for competition etc you may want to talk to bob about other options or any other of the big oil folk

#22 ·
Looks good Gare but would look better in the truck and running:poke::D

They all can have leaking issues, and all blow out fittings from the factory castings.
Jason, we all now where this thread will go if we go back and forth:eek:

To the OP. There is alot of options out there. You have to pick what you think is best for you and go with it. Alot of infromation on ALL the pump setups out there.

#26 ·
BTS Makes a stacked unit. I am pretty happy with mine. Basically they machine it so that it spins in reverse rotation and stack it onto the stock unit.

#29 ·
I went with swamps gen 3 pump and love it so far.
Another option now is the overdrive from dieselsite. Add it between your stock pump and font cover. It speeds up the stock pump rpm to make more volume available. Why did it take so long for someone to think of that??
:doh:

#35 ·
I actually mentioned that idea to Dave in a phone conversation a year ago.

#31 ·
I'll chime in here and say I've had a BTS pump and sold it. That was a mistake as it was a great pump. I have a Termy now. It works well and does what I need but don't care for it much. It seems to create more heat and tears apart the oil faster than I expected it to. I honestly think it's a combination of the double pump and the twins and the lack of a good way of getting a secondary oil cooler into the mix without oil starving the engine. I've also installed 2 Stage 2 Stelthpumps with the 4 line kit and apart for an annoying drip on one install they both work like champs.

I need to room in my vally so a smaller pump setup makes since for me. I need to make some adjustments. Of course if I was not flat busted I'd go for the CR setup from swamps and may go that direction soon if I win the lottery first.

My Termy broke a shaft becasue one of the hold down bolts in my front cover striped and that casue cross loading on the shaft. Joey stood behind it and fixed the problem free of charge. I have your core pump Joey. Once I get a box and the postage saved I'll send it out.

Gary at Stealth is also a stand up guy. He replaced a perfectly good pump just to make sure it was not the casue of the annoying oil drip.

I'd say pick your poision and stick with it as they are all good setups but for my needs the Stelth is the way to go. Of course CR is a better option as you woun't need a HPOP anymore. :ford:

#55 ·
I'll chime in here and say I've had a BTS pump and sold it. That was a mistake as it was a great pump. I have a Termy now. It works well and does what I need but don't care for it much. It seems to create more heat and tears apart the oil faster than I expected it to.
I am not clear on this, if Terminator utilizes two OEM piston pumps and BTS utilizes two OEM piston pumps why would engine oil temperature be increased with the Terminator system. Did you run both pump systems on the same engine for an identical comparison? I have both HPOP manufactures products and noticed no oil temperature difference from one to another. However, I did notice a significant oil reservoir PSI difference between the two systems which would be relevant to the amount of oil feeding the pumps.

#33 ·
Yup. 2nd pump goes where the fuel bowl would be.

External oil coolers cause starvation in these engines? Why is that? Just the sheer volume moved?

#37 ·
The same can be said for stealth guys Darrel.....there have been many converted from them as well......

It all boils down to this, pick the company you feel comfortable with, Terminator has MORE than proven itself time and time again....Darrel Makes it sound as if there are hundreds of guys calling him weekly.....that is a load of bs....

But I will not be posting anymore in this thread as well.....But let me put it like this....

When your the top dog, people have to try to knock you down to try to get to some of that pie...

All ANYONE needs to do is call any of the vendors and when they are done telling you why "our unit is better" and "our #### don't stink" Talk to the next one he will say the same.....

Talk to a customer of either, theirs is the best, and "fook" the rest....

Every company has to stand behind their product or the company suffers...

Every company can not please all their customers......

Every company has their own opinion what is best......

Every comapnies customers have the best from said company......

The internet is one of the worst forms of getting info any more because of any of the above statements.....

Pick your pony.....Ride it.....Enjoy that you chose the best for you............

Then get on the internet and tell everyone how ####ty theirs is:poke:

That is the name of the game in the ford diesel world.

Wacker

#38 ·
wow well said hey darrel im not going to call you a liar but i have to say BS termy pumps have the best warenty in the buisness as for the termy pump customers ill buy all of the terminator pumps you have. and as far as that goes why hasnt some one posted about those crapy terminator pumps you can pm me if ya want to respond. now that said all 4 of the big oil set ups work well i just happen to be a terminator guy it wont leave my shop if it hasnt been terminated.............

#42 ·
I am just going to through some info out that I have gathered from talking to different people with different big oil setups. I currently do not run big oil, but I will so I have been doing my homework. I will agree that all the big oil setups I have seen and talked with people about have there good points and I don't think you would be making a mistake going with any of them. Personnally, I have talked to three guys that have run bts oil and then switched to twin termy's for their own reason. All three told me they wish they still had there bts oil. This was mainly due to hotter oil temps, quicker shearing, and more problems with leaks. This is just what I have been told. from users. I will say that I have communicated with Joey a couple times and he has been very pleasant to deal with. Just throwing a little info I've gathered out there.

#44 ·
I THINK they used a different pump before but now they machined a stock pump so it spins in reverse rotation and there is a bracket. Mine is stacked one on top of the other.

#46 ·
Last I looked, the Termy is butted up against each other, and the BTS is one on top of the other. One in the stock location, one in the place of the fuel bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.