Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Little more 6.0 Procharger info

32K views 335 replies 65 participants last post by  imelmo 
#1 ·
Well, obviously didn't get to run it this weekend but I did get some info on the way home.

First, it made the 8.5 hour trip home with no issues. :D

I hand-calculated the mileage on it and it was getting 20mpg with the cruise set at 78mph! :rockwoot:

Cruising egt's at that speed stayed between 600* and 650*. Going over mountains and large hills even it never went past 800*.

Boost at that speed stayed around 15-16psi.

Hopefully the weather will hold out and I'll be able to hit the track sometime this week.

#4 ·
I saw it at the pulls. It looks sweet Danny. Empire did great work

#7 ·
Nah, unless you wanna count a Camry that I wouldn't let pass me. I had the cruise set and the bastard kept passing me then slowing down and I'd have to go around him again. Finally I got aggravated and wouldn't let him pass me anymore.

I took it pretty easy on the way home. Wanted to make sure I could just enjoy my truck for a little while. :D

#14 ·
I must say it looks and sounds awesome in person! The Boys at Empire did an amazing job...if the procharger weren't so shiny it looks factory :rockwoot:

#16 ·
Was gonna go there Wednesday but not sure, having birthday dinner with the family. If I get done soon enough I will though.

#19 ·
I have a couple questions. does it act alright slowing down or does it seem like an exhaust brake is on? and what does the turbo do while slowing down, I imagine the procharger is still making boost while slowing down right? I'm super curious about it.

#21 ·
The amount of "drag" you feel slowing down is almost the exact same as when the fan kicks on. Boost drops down to zero on the gauge when you drop below around 1400rpm while slowing down.

#20 ·
Hey Danny that is awesome glad to hear that the truck made it home safe for ya. Bet it felt good to get back in the old seat again. Can't wait to see it in person and get a good look at the whole set up.

#23 ·
To bad we are done with the Military base out there or I would be there also.

#25 ·
Pulling a Chevy gasser truck on my 16' double-axle utility trailer, egt's were just under 800* with the cruise set at 70mph. Load with trailer was about 5000lbs.

Having some FASS issues though. Got filters coming from David at DI to make sure that's not it (the fuel I poured out of the filter looked fine and the tank was full). Sent a pm to Diesel-Dan to hopefully get another pump here for tomorrow so I can get to the track tomorrow night.

#27 ·
Yeah, just talked to David. That sux. Looks like it may be the filter after all. Took the filters off and the pump seems to spin fine. Keeping my fingers crossed.

#28 ·
cool, thanks. after I posted that I remembered that the torque converter unlocks normaly. So I bet with a "jake brake" tune it would be a little different. Trying to wrap my brain around the whole deal. Been thinking if you lowered the compression but spun the procharger faster could you somewhat equal out the drop in compression at like idle or lower speeds, or would it be spinning to fast at higher rpms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.