Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Horrible fuel milage

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  jzamluk 
#1 ·
HI
I have a 2005 f250 crewcab 4x4 6.0. It started getting really bad milage and doesn't want to start very well, a lot of missing and blueish smoke when throttle is applied and no power. I have taken out the EGR cooler also and bypassed the whole system. Has a airraid intake and filter and magnaflow exhaust. I had a p0611 code so replaced the FICM with one from the wreckers the problems I was having seemed like a bad FICM from what I was reading. The code isn't present anymore but still crappy starting and fuel milage. Turbo seems to build boost and runs fine when it's at operating temp and starts fine as well. Any other things to check before I take it to the dealership? ALready went there to get all updated programs.
THanks
Jamie

#3 ·
the P0611 is the ficm performance code, what other codes do you have? any injector circuit or contribution codes?

#4 ·
yeah Ill change the fuel filters but last time they clogged the truck didn't run at all and it's not due for an oil change yet

I have a cylinder 7 contribution code popping up now and then

the p0611 code is gone after I replaced the FICM and it starts a little better but still, a little different then before as well

WOuld the EGR valve still do anything if I have completly bypassed everything? Inside the intake coated with engine oil

I am not sure where to go now, Ill change the fuel filters and try that
THe milage has been cut in half from what it was and it wasn't gradual.
CHanged the up pipes cuase they were cracked and leaking, and some of the intercooler boots

Thanks for the help

#5 ·
If you drive until your fuel filters are so clogged that it kills the engine then you're going to toast your injectors. I don't know if those symptoms could be from bad injectors but if you starved them of fuel like it sounds like then you could easily be needing new injectors.

You can't starve 6.0 injectors of fuel pressure.

#8 ·
2 weeks ago, didn't fix anything, so swapped out the FICM with one from the wreckers, he said the truck it came out of started just fine, it has 90 day warrenty too.

WHat about the intake gasket? I would probably notice a loss of boost though? and it would happen all the time jot just when cold

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.