Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Detailed the PSD -- Pics Inside

3K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  R.E.Lee 
#1 ·
I woke up at 6:45am this morning to beat the sun and give the truck a mini-detailing session. I had done the interior last weekend, but the body needed some attention.

Washed (with the help of a step ladder)
Glazed with ClearKote Red Machine Glaze
Waxed with Collinite 845
Spit-Shined with AquaWax Spray Wax
Tires Hit with Armor-All Foam

I polished the wheels a few weeks back (they are raw aluminum) and most of the reflection and shine is already gone. I'm definitely getting chrome next time. :nod:

I also (while cleaning the undercarriage) noticed I have a Banks TransCommand. This thing must have died...as my trans doesn't feel like it has any sort of enhanced programming, but I sure wish it did.

Hope you like the pictures.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks!
Nice truck. How do you like your boggers?
They are definitely loud and they make the truck shake when you leave a light. That said, they look mean as all get out. :D

When these are done I will likely be going with an MT Claw Radial or MTZ....both should provide a great look with less noise on the highway and around town.

#7 ·
Yeah, I think any large tire is going to be noisy, but the boggers make the radio damn-near obsolete over 60mph.
dont get chrome. You just need a good cleaner/protectant like Speedy http://www.speedymetalpolish.com/
I've used a HUGE amount of polishes before and am currently working my way through another tub of Mothers Mag and Aluminum. That stuff looks like it is a 2-in-1 with a polish and a Caranuba protective layer...

I should have waxed the wheels last time after polishing (I had an easy 3 hours into the 3 whees)...but for some reason I didn't. :mad:

Thanks for the website!

#11 ·
Dont really know as it came with the truck. Its got a D60 upfront with bigger springs and an add-a-leaf. The rear is on stock blocks with bigger springs. Its got a 2" RSK as well.

Overall its about 9" of lift.

#15 ·
I thought someone local might chime in...:doh:

I actually used to detail professionally in college and for my first year out. Some of my work can be found here: http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/album558

That said, I have no time anymore...

#20 ·
Seeing as how they are 16.5" wheels, I don't think I will go through the trouble of having them cleared. I am likely going to step down to 16" in order to avoid being so limited by 16.5" tire availability and will either get chrome or sealed aluminum then.
Nice looking obs. Boggers make it look mean
Thanks...they certainly do make it look mean. The noise I could do without..but sometimes you need to sacrifice. :evil

#21 ·
Very nice looking truck. I have the same problem with my aluminum wheels. Poloshing them get's really old.

#22 ·
Very nice obs!:redspotdance:

#24 ·
Thanks guys!

Yes, a coat of Collinite should serve to keep the shine up for a little while longer. Next time I give them a polish, I will be sure to give them a quick coat of wax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.