Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

how much HP with stage one's and a D66?

5K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  JHill 
#1 ·
Any youn's running this setup? Stage 1 's and a D66?
I got 160 cc stage 1's on a good strong engine just wondering what to expect. My goal is upper 300's close to 400 hp.
I still have stock turbo but going D 66 in the next couple weeks. Other mods would be going to 3 inch intakes HV HF IDM, 17* hpop, 4 inch exhaust, & open intake.
Thanks
Dubya

#5 ·
I got a 17* modded by Joey! It does a great job!
If I keep under 400 hp I should not need head studs bed plate , etc. would I? I plan on rebuilding this engine in a year or so and may do all that then .

#6 ·
Head studs will depend on how much boost your running. Seems like anywhere between 35 and 42 is about the end of the limits for the factory bolts with old worn in head gaskets. Shouldn't need a bed plate until you are way up there. Plus I think it is about 3500 for the bed plate and machine work.

#10 ·
:evil hotdigitydoge!
I am looking to stay below 400 I would like to get as close to that number as possible though :evil.
I had no idea bed plates were that expensive. I am just gonna keep it reasonable. No studs, no bed plates and around 375 hp , I hope.
I already have my electric fuel system and the injectors are done and have 3" intakes ordered to put on when the turbo is off.

#12 ·
Well :D You know I think when I do my rebuild this winter (if I can ) I will go with haid studs. And I already got forged rods but I am buying another set and gonna have then wirked over and ready when the engine is down. SO! :evil What I am thinking is maybe slap some hybrid sticks in too at the same time. That might put me up close to 500 wouldn't it?
JR is pushing over 500 with his truck with hybrids and a D66.

#17 ·
FYI D66 is NOT recomended for any inj bigger than stage 2's..esp big inj and 500hp!
Well over 500hp...better think about some bottom support.

#24 ·
I'm very happy with those numbers , I keep reading bout high torque killing motors. dont understand why at a lower hp, tq is higher compared to others that dyno'd the same day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.