Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

7.3L rev limit

12K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  PHPDiesel 
#1 ·
does a diablo sport predator have or remove the rev limiter or defuel feature on a 6 spd 7.3L? i ask because i was out goofing of with my buddies and missed second gear and i saW the tach needle hit 4000 with no rev limiter sound or defueling, on the 65 hp setting i have gotten the dredded ses light and could obviously tell that the truck defueled. this is twice that this has happened once when i was having clutch issues, at WOt the clutch would stay on the floor when shifting into second gear and the rpm's would go through the roof sorry so long

#4 ·
well i guess ill be getting something else that will hinder my right foot from doing some big damage any programmer recomendations that do have rev limiter or will defuel truck at red line?

#6 ·
you can defuel to prevent redline except if you have a stick shift and over rev the engine via gears even though the fuel will cut out you still could hit too high if it goes into the wrong gear iirc

#7 ·
i went from first to second thought it was completely in second but i was wrong it never got to second so i was in neutral when it hit 4000:doh:. i just thought in neutral there would be a rev limiter even with the diablo sport installed, in stock form you cant go over the red line in neutral but with the programmer it will just keep going till who knows when.

#8 ·
could have a rev limiter installed in that case ..but go from say 3rd to 1st instead of 5th and your in for trouble.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.