Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Another egr cooler question.

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  kystanger 
#1 ·
Have a 05 f350, egr cooler oil cooler and head gaskets were fixed under warranty about 19,000 miles ago and I believe the egr cooler is going already and now it's out of warranty. Wanting to do the egr cooler delete, this if the first time working on a diesel, I work at an auto shop so I have some wrenching ability. Was wondering if there was a link to a good write up on installing the delete and what is the best way to delete the cooler. Also I know it will set off a cel light, I want to turn the light off so what tuner will I need, the truck is stock except for a 4 inch exhaust and stock is all I need but will need to turn light off. Thanks

#2 ·
All i know for sure, is take your time, dont get frustrated. But you definately at the least have to loosen the turbo or the intake won't come out. Oh, and label every nut and bolt.

Its gonna be a PITA to remember each bolt when i put mine back together tonight.

Also, be very careful not to f&#k up your injector plugs. Mine are all chewed up now.

If you have a fully equipped shop it should be a little easier. And if you have a lift, dont second guess lifting the cab off.

#7 ·
Bagging nuts and bolts with labels makes the job much faster on assembly. There is really no need to consider raising the cab for this job although it would certainly make things more accessable.

#4 ·
You can get a SCT w/ custom tunes to disable the CE light.

#5 ·
Basically you will be tearing down the accessories on top the motor. It sounds like a lot, but once you get going it's not to bad. With your shop skills just ask questions before you get too far and take your time. Look up TANK'S250 posts and you will see some pics of the top are tore apart.

#9 ·
A cab off inst even close to necessary. With that said we do include a full step by step PDF file on how to remove and reinstall the intake manifold, this is provided with every paid purchase and is very detailed with all of your torque specs and sequences. As PgreenSVT said bagging the nuts and bolts will save you reassembly time.

If you need anything give me a shout, we have Full EGR delete kits ready to ship out.

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.