Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Diesel Power Fest at The Buck - May 9th, 09

4K views 67 replies 14 participants last post by  upinsmoke70 
#1 ·
Is anyone going?

#6 ·
Re: Diesel Power Fest at The Buck

when is it? I never been there but looking to go sounds like fun!
Its this saturday. I'm not 100% sure on the time maybe somebody can help me out...

#5 ·

Hope no one with a 7.3 goes there and tries to compete. Their rules are a complete joke for anything but a goddanmed duramax.

#9 ·

cool I hope it doesn't get rained out I'd like to meet some of you guys

#11 ·

i think he just mean that because the rules require a stock turbo to be used, with the duramax having efi live, they can crank a whole lot more power out of their stock system. the 7.3 just doesn't have that ability with the stock turbo. the rules are against us i guess

#16 ·

i think he just mean that because the rules require a stock turbo to be used, with the duramax having efi live, they can crank a whole lot more power out of their stock system. the 7.3 just doesn't have that ability with the stock turbo. the rules are against us i guess
hes referring to the fact that they made him pull modified class with just a drop in turbo (38r)... 05 duramaxs come stock with almost a 2.5 size turbo from the factory... which is close to a modded h2e for us?

plus drag racing is only stock turbo as well...

the problem with the buck is they got techs that dont know what they are lookin at... modified turbos and larger turbos can be hidden from those guys pretty easily

#14 ·

I'll be there!! prolly just do show and shine, i can have 8 turbos for that marty:poke:

#20 ·

will they pull your intake off and chack inlet or go by your word?

#23 ·

Pulling i mean, i know bout the racing part:pointlaugh:

#25 ·

They dont wanna climb up in the engine compartment. LMAO

And you won didnt you?

#26 ·

I won't be going unless I can get a ride my truck is broken down again... :(

#31 ·

how come other trucks can run just fine on 2.6 chargers...whats so special about the 7.3 that it needs such a massive turbo to run with 2.6 trucks? im not talking stock turbo, im talking 2.6 aftermarket turbos.

yea stock turbo rule its tough to compete with the duramax...hell i dont know any 2nd gen and very few 3rd gen trucks that can hang in the stock turbo class.

#33 ·

how come other trucks can run just fine on 2.6 chargers...whats so special about the 7.3 that it needs such a massive turbo to run with 2.6 trucks? im not talking stock turbo, im talking 2.6 aftermarket turbos.

yea stock turbo rule its tough to compete with the duramax...hell i dont know any 2nd gen and very few 3rd gen trucks that can hang in the stock turbo class.
RPM's and displacement.

#32 ·

1 it's not a common rail, Durasmack is
2 more cubes needs more air

#34 ·

Fueling beyond 3k rpm's specifically.

When you make 1400+ ft/lbs in 1800 rpms it tends to break things in a V8 design.

You would be HARD pressed to see 550 rwhp on fuel only out of a 2.6 on a powerstroke.

#35 ·

so you are telling me that because it lacks fuel you need a bigger turbo to compete...

there are vp44 trucks that are competitive in 2.6, they arent a common rail.

complaining about being handicapped in the power department yet now you are saying that the 7.3 makes too much tq to stay together.

im confused here. you modify things, big injectors, bigger HEUI parts for more fuel, and can't get a custom 2.6 charger to make power. i find that hard to believe because 2 days ago a 2.6 charger made 900+hp on fuel only, im sure a charger that can do that on a 5.9 can make over 550 on a 7.3.

#38 ·

so you are telling me that because it lacks fuel you need a bigger turbo to compete...

there are vp44 trucks that are competitive in 2.6, they arent a common rail.

complaining about being handicapped in the power department yet now you are saying that the 7.3 makes too much tq to stay together.

im confused here. you modify things, big injectors, bigger HEUI parts for more fuel, and can't get a custom 2.6 charger to make power. i find that hard to believe because 2 days ago a 2.6 charger made 900+hp on fuel only, im sure a charger that can do that on a 5.9 can make over 550 on a 7.3.
Vp44 trucks also have far less displacement and do not have the HEUI injection system handi-capping them.

You're confused because you don't understand why the PCM/IDM/Injector setup in a Powerstroke is EXACTLY why you don't see them being the dominating force at any diesel event.

There's just no replacement for a mechanically injected setup.

#39 ·

Constant fuel is there! not the pcm or idm wiich i dont know telling the inj. "hey spit fuel out waitfor it wait for it.....NOW

#41 ·

i don't know all electronic motors do it like that but in the early days not many had them, none in 1994 i dont think? i could be wrong. mech 7.3's ftw

also winning the lottery FTW. lmao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.