Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

38R Bling

3K views 25 replies 22 participants last post by  Sapps 
#1 ·
Was rainy outside today so tried something I have not done before.

I think I managed to sand off the fingerprints on my right hand though. Now to get the turbine housing back from being coated.

Tom

See less See more
#6 ·
Polishing was easy. The sanding took maybe 6 hours or so working from 80 grit a step at a time to 2000 grit.

#9 ·
Wow looks great! Do mine next:D

#11 ·
That looks pretty sick!! Congrats on the new turbo!

#15 ·
Die grinder with sanding disks and pads to do the heavy removal of materal like lettering and such. Then just hand sanding and a small vibrating sander working up grits from 80 to 2000 step by step. Once I got things started it only took a half a sheet of a particular grit to move up to the next. Once I was done with that I bought some buffing wheels and compound from Harbor Freight and put them on my wire wheel motor. That part was pretty easy and went pretty quick to use the medium and fine compounds. Then I just hand polished it a little with Adam's Polishes metal polish to bring out the last of it.

Tom

#20 ·
Was rainy outside today so tried something I have not done before.

I think I managed to sand off the fingerprints on my right hand though. Now to get the turbine housing back from being coated.

Tom
I've never seen a compressor housing leaning on a CD case either. I may have to one-up you and use a DVD case. :D

Looks really nice Tom. Is that just sanded & polished, or is it coated?

#23 ·
Somehow that sounds gay. It is just sanded and polished to answer the other question. Just one of those kinds of things that if you enjoy being in the garage is not bad to do.

Tom

#24 ·
wouldnt be a bad idea to clear coat it to keep it from oxidizing, it would make it really easy to keep clean and shiny.

#25 ·
Man, that looks sharp, Tom. :rockwoot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.