Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Any interest in an aftermarket EFI computer for diesels?

965 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ProF100 
#1 ·
I build billet aluminum housings for an EFI computer used in drag racing alky and gas engines running forced induction and N/A and was wandering if it could be used for diesels. The customer was over today looking at the new prototype box to go with their new PCB and I asked him about it. He told me the hardware is there for timed injection and that he would have to add a little to the software and that would be it. Their system can create the map using engine parameters and desired A/F ratio. It uses MAP, TPS, CPS, O2 & crank position to run the engine and has many more sensors it can read for ultimate control.

On a gas & alky engines, it has an all-out, individual coil-per-cylinder ignition system and full data logging and the ability to run a Racepak digital dash. The control system for the ignition side is what gives the control everything it needs for the timed injection. I was just wondering if this would work for the EFI diesel stuff. It would allow one to control the fuel with the boost to any amount of boost and not have to use a boost fooler or nothing like that. Also, if you wanted to use CR injectors or any style injector, you could. It would also work on any brand engine. It has multiple inputs and outputs, several with PWM control. They can control multi-stages of nitrous and control the fuel based on EGT's. It can control the fuel based on EGT's during a run and cool a cylinder if it needs to to keep from melting a piston or it can just turn it off.

Anyway, it's just a thought. Just wanted to see if it was even worth fooling with. I asked around it it seems everyone is using the stock computer to control their engines and something like this would allow more flexibility in tuning. If there is some interest in something like this, they may consider adding some code to their software and try it.

See less See more
#5 ·
I am not worried about pulse width at high r's (faster injectors will solve this) you only have a small window for useable power and it gets smaller the faster you wind it anyway. I am worried about getting the proper pulse width at higher r's than are possible.

And with the flexibility to control multi staged H20 or nitrous...........I say heck yes. One system to control it all instead of several different ones fighting each other.

#6 ·
High Performance Controls is who makes this EFI computer. Their new version, which I am working on the enclosure design for now, will do anything you would ever want to do. It has multitudes of inputs and outputs and will control the injectors to any pw you want, at any rpm, at any boost with .01 ms resolution and .01 deg timing increments. It can fire up to 32 injectors in the alky applications.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.