Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

turbo upgrade?

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  ottskee 
#1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my turbo. But with all the choices out there I have no idea what to get. Any advice???

#4 ·
I've just got stock injectors right now. Putting a FASS 150 on it with a regulated return. I was looking at the deal that diesel innovations has with the garret and the intercooler. And im from preble county. just on the indiana line at I-70

#7 ·
I'm not looking to go for really big power. Just something to help me get down the track a little faster. Would love to start pulling but finding pulls in San Diego is like finding tits on a bull.

#8 ·
well the gt38r is a great turbo but will only add 16 or so ponnies without injectors..

#10 ·
How does an h2e compare to a 38R? And i mean the regular h2e not modded. And that being on a truck with stock injectors.

#12 ·
I have decided to go with the 38R. Does anyone know were I can find injector nozzles? Yeah your not to far from me Big. Can't wait to get back to the sea of green once I leave cali.

#13 ·
Putting larger nozzles on stock injectors is something I have never actually seen or heard of someone doing. Apparently the gain is minimal, and it's way more cost effective to upgrade the injectors so they flow more fuel and utilize a modified nozzle, not jut throw a nozzle on the stock injectors. Depending on what you do with the truck or what your power goals are will determine which injectors you would be best to go with.

#17 ·
strokin_early_99 lives in CA and he used to pull on a very regular basis.

#18 ·
I have kinda gotten past the pullin aspect. I never really liked drags too much until I started beating sports cars. Now Im hooked on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.