Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Turbo is ordered woo hoo

5K views 55 replies 26 participants last post by  stroked 
#1 ·
Just got off the phone with David at DI. Ordered my new 38r and it should be here middle of next week :rockwoot:

The stock turbo has about 230k on it now and has about 1/4" of shaft play to it LOL
When you shut the truck off and its winding down you can hear it hitting the inside of the housing :doh:

Anyway I should be good for live tuning now when Matt come up to Nates here in a few weeks :ford:

#2 ·
Sweet, Gonna have to get us some pics!!

#3 ·
Oh there will be lots of pics. There will probably be pics of me opening it like a little kid on christmas LOL

#14 ·
That oughtta make a world of difference considering your other mods.

#17 ·
Well I pulled the stock turbo off last night when I got home from work. Had to let the truck cool for about an hour b4 i could start to do anything. and still had to pull the turbo out with welding gloves on :doh: It took less then 30 mins from the time I started to work on it till it was off.

So I'm ready to drop in the new one in when I get home today. Hopefully it is sitting on the back porch for me.

#23 ·
HOLY SH!T BALLS!!!! Damn that thing really woke up the truck. :drool:

I think I might need a bigger boost gauge :D:rockwoot::eek:

#25 ·
I don't know my gauge only goes to 30psi :doh:

I do know it went WAY past the 30 mark LOL

I am loving this thing. I went WOT at 40 and it cut lose on dry pavment :eek:

And the sound.... well its awesome :ford:

#33 ·
:postwhore2::postwhore2:

:drool::drool:

OMG I want one so bad. Plus headers and Up Pipes. :evil

Want to see a video of this thing is action. Want to hear the sound.

#37 ·
#36 ·
Does a turbomaster work on these?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.