Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

rons turbo on ebay

4K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  mimetic 
#1 ·
#2 ·
honestly why not spend the extra money and get a 38R??
propane can cause turbo to over speed and wear out the thrust bearings

but so can boost leaks. (turbo over speed)

#3 ·
I try NEVER to bash someone online. But! I did biz with Ron and am unhappy. I bought a wheel of course he claims will do things, it doesn't !He gives a free balance when you buy it and a rebuild kit. But then when I went to put the turbo together the wheel was 180 off. (in my case) Then he says you put it together wrong.
BULLSHIFT! IT CAN"T GO TOGETHER WRONG AND STILL FIT!!!
He is friendly as hell till the sale is done then afterward you can never get a reply out of him.
Thise are facts and I don't mind stating it, he's a jerk.
And I agree with Beasty why not spend another 500 and get a 38R, I will if I can ever gitrdone.
Larry W

#4 ·
Oh, DAMN.... I just got my turbo balance and being sent back to me... Everything has been great up to now hopefully it will stay that way!

I agree about spending the extra money on the 38R and not just buying a modified stock turbo.

#5 ·
Well, I am sure it was just a fluke deal but i ain't lying the wheel is 180 off . If i had screwed it on down to line the marks up it would have been torqued super tight. So, I just torquerd it to spec. Maybe I should have lined the marks up but someday I want to take it back off. Maybe real soon!
Don't worry about it he will do ok on it. He surely has the experince , I think.
And i know he is very busy maybe that is why he never returns emails anymore.

#6 ·
I've tlked to him a couple of times and when I sent him the shaft to get ballanced he even called me bc he was concerned my turbo might not accept a rebuild (due to a scuff on the exhaust wheel i sent him) I thought it was a good gesture to go out of his way and make sure it was fine.

He is busy I'm sure it took him a day or two to get back to me but he did none the less.

#8 ·
no, from what i understand the OBS housing has 4 bolts. and the housing on a 991/2-03 is taller/bigger... for that price I'll sell you my turbo I rebuilt for my truck.

#13 ·
I bought a new compressor wheel from Ron, he took the time ( about and hour ) to just chat, and while I was at his place he showed me how to tear down and put the turbo back together. He has a fully stocked shop, very clean and organized. Plus he gave me all new bearings and o-rings at no charge. So yes I would use him again if I need further work on my stock turbo. $90.00 verses $400 to $700? Duh I'll go with the cheaper on this one.

#14 ·
I have done business with this guy 3 different times and all three were just fine. I have recommended him and never herd bad from before. This is the first time I have herd bad about Ron.

#16 ·
I just bought a turbo from him with the 1.0 housing and seems to be fine...only been on truck for couple months so I hope all goes well.

Was fine on phone when I talked with him also.

#18 ·
I had issues with him as well.I messed up an oil ring and needed a new one.He did not want to help and acted mad that I wanted to buy a new one off him.He told me how busy he was and to email him instead of calling him.It took a week of emailing him for him to finally respond and say he would ship it.Its not like I was wanting it free.

#21 ·
Honestly, he did a great job with my purchase/Balancing....

He noticed there was a scratch on the exhaust housing and notified me that the turbo I have might not even accept a rebuild. Although I was aware of the scratch it was nice that he notified me.

He didn't balance and ship it back to me till I talked with him which was somewhat of an annoyance but I apprecieate that he was trying to help.

I'd do bussiness with him again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.