Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Deranged's HPOP Unveiled

6K views 63 replies 25 participants last post by  RescueF250 
#1 ·
Well it has been kept a secret at the request of several folks, basically, because we wanted to make sure it works the way its supposed to first. Well, although it has not been fired on my truck yet, it has been run in one other truck, and it runs beautifully. The truck has 275 injectors, and was running out of HP oil down to 1700 or so PSI on WOT runs. Apparently the new pump pegs the gauge at 4000 PSI and holds that all the way till you get scared. LOL The pump has been designed and tested by Bob Riley at Diesel site. Bob has been working on this pump for a very long time, and had asked that I not disclose that info till he knew it worked. He did not want to sell a pump, that did not work. I am not sure when Bob will release the final version, but its not just a pump, its a whole new way to get the oil to the oil rails. It will be on my truck at TS if anyone wants to check it out, and if the stars and moons align, :bang, it will run. Bob will probably tell more about the pump, but basically here is what I do know. The single pump, puts out substantially more oil than the DUAL pump puts out for the 7.3:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:, Yip you read that right, this thing moves some oil. Its gonna be tested on my truck and were gonna put it through everything we can before its released for sale. Its been great working with Bob, and his wife. They are genuinely good people. Thanks for your patience while we worked out the bugs. Stay tuned for the updates. It looks like fueling a 6.0 to whatever your bottom end can handle is here. :cheer:

See less See more
#7 ·
hey i want a beer too if your giving them out:ford: finally its time for the 6.0 to make a name!

#8 ·
I knew it was Bob!!! :D Awesome news!

Look out 7.3's, here we come! :evil

#14 ·
I don't know how to answer that. If its a problem, or if you are seeing bigger injectors in the future, then yes, but there also might be other benefits, (Extended injector life, better fuel mileage, etc....((These are not claims, just possibilities))), than just making power. Only testing will tell.

#15 ·
ya I hear ya, I emailed Bill over a month ago about this, was hoping to get on the list for it, I might upgrade in the future right now im on 190's my hpop gave out few months back.

#24 ·
Now Tim, I keep seeing this "we" and "on my truck"...This is disturbing to me that you talk this huge game and seem to have this all-knowing apperance ( :blah: ) when you just get it straight from Bob; no actual experience of your own. Now I give Bob huge amounts of kudos for what he's done with the "Pulse" pump, but Bob got his information on how it works on a physical truck from Tadd and I. I installed everything and Tadd tuned/datalogged all of it. I quite frankly feel like you stole my thunder. Last I spoke with Bob(which was about 3hrs ago) he had mentioned nothing about saying we could release our information. I've spent the past 2months working on my truck after hours till 12 and later and most of the weekends, specifically for this pump that at first didnt even increase output. Thanks for releasing the info on my truck:mad: Hope to see your truck running at TS - Have fun tuning!

#26 ·
Wow, where the fukk did this come from? First, I have never taken any credit for the oil system, zero, zip, zilch. The "WE" I was reffering to was Bob and I as until a few days ago, I had no idea that another pump existed. Until about 4 months ago, I had not even talked with Bob concerning his pump. You are 100% correct that any info I got came from Bob, where did I say different? I take no credit for any of the oil system, never have. However, there are a few things that I did completely different than you or anyone else when the block was tore down. There are a whole bunch of things that "I", on my truck, (yes, MY truck, that I own 100% of and have over 35K of "MY" own money into, not including sponsored products), have done that have nothing to do with you or anyone else. For you to say I stole your thunder is both incorrect, presumptuous and insulting. If you have a problem with me or anything else, instead of a blindsided attack perhaps you should have called. Tadd has my number.

#39 ·
Wow, where the fukk did this come from? First, I have never taken any credit for the oil system, zero, zip, zilch.
I think you titled the thread wrong. If it was something like, "Big oil - now a reality" instead of "Deranged HPOP unveiled". Surely you can plainly see how guys who have been testing with this pump could get the idea that you were trying to take the credit and "Thunder."

Anyways, I hope it works as advertised. The 6.0 has been kind of hitting a wall for about 2 years know. Time to break that glass ceiling!!!

#27 ·
Well Tim it awesome about havin more oil capabilities than what is out for the 7.3. But it sucks to have a couple guys jump your shi! because they feel that your stealing their thunder im sure that you can get it all resolved. If not just line em up and get it solved that way.

#31 ·
I guess I came on strong there; maybe a little heavy with the sarcasm too. I think your truck is awesome from what I saw, and am excited to see it run with such a great pump. Kudos for that. She's definitely gonna be a screamer once dialed in.

I was just shocked to see this info being released before complete testing. The way I see your posts I got the impression that you're trying to suggest it's a 'tim and bob' project, but while mostly all the credit belongs to Bob, a few guys over here have also put a lot of effort into this project with little or no credit to them. I just want to say that credit should be given where credit is due.

And just for clarification for Bob's sake, It's all Bob's design with Bob's ideas and his idea on the oil delivery system, but he has gotten a lot of help and input from Tadd and Dallas. I just might have bob get me a pump setup for murphy in the near future as well.

That's all I'm gonna say, although maybe more should be said. I can hear Tadd and Dallas in the background debating the unveiling now. Hopefully Tadd and Bob will come on and say what needs to be said.

#32 ·
The way I saw it, it was a Bob project, period. Whatever testing Dallas has done I didn't know about, and yeah, you came on real fukkin strong, the next time maybe you should get the facts before you start taking shots at people.

"Ready, Fire, aim"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.