Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

76mm Hammer

5K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  Addicted2Stroken 
#1 ·
Anyone running a 76mm sledgehammer turbo from swamps? I'm trying to gather some info from guys running it or have run it.

TIA

#3 ·
MC Hammer? Hammer Time?

#4 ·
there's a video in the OBS section with it's own thread, i believe it was titled "test launch at 10psi" or something along those lines. he was running a hammer. seems to be a great turbo from what I hear.

#5 ·
where the hell is chuck when you need an opinion.... gawd damn internet addiction BS!

#7 ·
Well how do you like the turbo? Is it on a daily driver? Regrets with choosing the turbo over something else?

#8 ·
drag racing rules some regret i would have went dom 66 because stock turbo for racing over here, but i have close to 600 hp potential, spools ALOT quicker than i thought it would, its a 76/19. I can get 49lbs out of it, with jon's tuning. H.P. calculator is saying 440rwhp off my 1/4 mile time.

#9 ·
I'm selling the dom 66 to move up to a 76mm hammer, trust me, with 250's and those nozzles, the d66 would last about 3 days. On that note... wanna buy a D66??:poke:;)

#10 ·
Hey stock one lasted 6 months at 48 psi, just weekend driving though.
and nah i already have diff up-pipes and the shabang but thanks

#11 ·
Well I'm pretty excited to get the hammer on my truck, should be quite an improvement over what I currently have.

#13 ·
Will do. Thanks Cat.

#15 ·
Well the turbo is on and it's pretty nasty :evil

When it spools.... hand on. Breaks the tires loose at 80mph on a damp road.... pretty impressive compared to what I had before.

#19 ·
I have 230cc hybrids with 80% over stock nozzles. It spools pretty good with the new tunes from swamps, but my tranny or TCC is slipping now so its tough to enjoy the power.

#21 ·
Umm well I have been seeing mid 30's for psi, but I'm pretty sure I have a boost leak, plus I haven't had a chance to go balls to the walls WOT really because I run out of road around here and my tranny has been f'ing up so I've been going "easy" lately. But yes, I do love the turbo.

#24 ·
Sounds good. You running a PI tripple disc?

#27 ·
its a modified s300

#29 ·
correct

#32 ·
It's gone. I sold it months ago. Thanks for asking though.

#33 ·
Does anyone know how hp capable the sledgehammer is? What kind of numbers could it support? Fuel only.

#35 ·
cool

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.