Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

girdle, specs etc..

11K views 96 replies 33 participants last post by  Larry_Dubya 
#1 ·
i was wondering were i could or if anyone was willing to post up some info and pictures of girdles. pictures both on and off the engine.

any help would be greatly appericated

how wide? how thick? etc...

#2 ·
your better off just buying a kit. by the time you pay to have a cnc programmed and buy a set of studs you could have just paid *** for a girdle of theirs. Its not cheaper or easier to make your own, if it were everyone would make their own.

#10 ·
I hope they start selling them pretty soon. I have a build just starting and that looks like a very nice piece.

#23 ·
Well, maybe not MAKE it fast, but it would def make it STAY fast for longer.

Dude, you and Brian, and Scotty are livin on borrowed time.

Hmmm, must be the "s" factor keepin those trucks together. :D

I stand behind my earlier statement. North of 450 on a true DD in my book, girdle is a must unless you got the extra funds to build another engine.
remember, its an opinion. everybody got one.:blah:
:D

#25 ·
well i (might be on borrowed time) with mine but it still works just fine 15,000 miles on the current setup and climbing

#27 ·
I had 60k miles over 400. Of those, 25k were 480 plus. Never dynoed with the injector mods, live tune and S400 on the last 10k. That's a lot of street miles plus a few hundred hooks to the sled. I should have it out next weekend to see what happened.

#31 ·
LOL Depends on what the budget can afford and what Carson has up his sleeve. I'm not sure right now. Need to see how bad it is.

#34 ·
All I gotta say is Carson will take care of you. I don't give a sh!t about what people say about him, he's got my vote!!! lmao...

Carson rendered his powerful rig inoperable (even if he wouldn't accept my offer of paying for the sensor) to get someone (me) home that isn't fortunate enough to have a trailer for his rig yet to get home is a good guy in my book.

#39 ·
I got a 95 Mercury Tracer for a beater car. It has 160k on it and still does not use oil. I put plugs in it the other day and plug wires after the mice head eat em off but it is depenable and get 35 to 60. Heck might even get 50 now. Yhe old plugs had about 200 tousandths gap on em they had been in there so long.

#41 ·
Kevin beat me to it. He built John's motor and does all kind of work... specializing in all diesels, not just 7.3's.

#43 ·
Yeah, he's got a lot of time splitup between several trucks so it's not his main focus at the moment. He has plans but I'll let him divulge them if he decides to.

#45 ·
I wish I had know about the mech 7.3L at Cecilton, I would've discussed some particulars with you (Carson) down there. I didn't even introduce myself. :doh: Thats an exciting thing on the motor, I'd like to discuss the possibilty of getting one in a drag truck.

#49 ·
CARSON, the next time you go to perry county dyno WE FOR SURE need to get video of ur heui injected fuel only numbers. Dangit we just gotta

just freekin' gotta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.