Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Anybody worried yet? (Flu)

5K views 94 replies 44 participants last post by  Layson 
#1 ·
Hundreds sick in NY. Cali calling for state of emergency and reporting atleast 2 deaths....

#2 ·
Nope not me.

They're saying that even with regular flu, there is something like 30,000 people in the U.S. who die every year.

If this swine flu is anymore deadly than regular flu, I haven't heard anything yet.

So far I think it's way over blown, I just hope it stays that way.

#4 ·
:whs:

#3 ·
I would be more worried about that sorry ass football team yall have in texas....

LOL anyways.... im not worried about frikkin pig flu... It would be fun to go to an airport terminal this afternoon and walk around coughing, sneezing, hacking and stuff... and see what happens. :evil

#5 ·
Pretty sure this is the beginning of the zombie apocalypse. It will be at full force by the end of 2012.

#8 ·
I'm not sure what I am at this point. I think I'm just bewildered. I was confused when 20 possible cases became a national issue. It's like someone knows something they aren't telling.

#10 ·
I'm not worried. Obama says there is no reason to panick and that he is in constant contact with the experts. As long as Obama is having conversations with the experts then what is there to worry about?

Look, if you aren't prepared, get prepared, dont be a dumbas and get caught with your pants down. Have a place to go to out of the cities.

#13 ·
The media is just bored.. This stuff is going on all the time. Its only till main stream media throws it everybodies face and then bammm... instant pandemonium.

#23 ·
First off, this flu has NOTHING to do with "swine" Its technical name is the H1N1 Virus. Calling it the swine flu would be like in a few years for no F'ing reason calling it the "Graingers Flu" LOL

Second off, RIGHT now there are more than 1000 cases already. The only reason there have only been 300 reported is because there are only 300 OFFICIALLY reported.

Over 100 cases in 1 School in NYC.

This is worse than what there actually telling you. Im just glad i am basically isolated from all people---unless a CAT engine has the flu on a drill rig, most 95% of my contact with people is over the phone.

MY wife on the other hand......... Being she works at a golf course ...... I think she will be alright.

#25 ·
First off, this flu has NOTHING to do with "swine" Its technical name is the H1N1 Virus. .
It is actually a virus that was purposely substituted with flu innoculations by a very prominent European pharmaceutical company.

#26 ·
Honestly I'm not concerned one bit. But let's say some happens and it turns into some wide spread thing just think of all the obama supporters and anti americans that will simply vanish because they are 2 dumb 2 plan anything or be pre pared for a diaster like that.

#29 ·
I just got an email from the dept of health. Stating that for ems calls related to flu like symptoms facemasks and the whole nine yards should be worn

#30 ·
#31 ·
Facklesaurus. Need to do some reading on the symptoms. My brothers got the flu right now, but he lives 1.5 hours from the closest town, so I'm not too worried about him.

#34 ·
I aint worried...Ive been wadeing in septic tanks since Ive been 15 and I never got sick

#35 ·
I just got out of a work trip to Monterrey Mex. I wasn't looking forward to that one at all!! Now it looks like I get to go to steel mill in Blytheville AR, then to a mine out in Utah.

#36 ·

#39 ·
Considering flu or complications from flu results in over 20,000 deaths per year in the U.S. alone, this is just another version of the same old thing. Every year new strains of the flu emerge, and there's always a few that spread rapidly. This particular strain just happens to get media attention. It's just as treatable as any other flu strain, and just like any other strain, you can die if you don't take care of yourself and put off treatment.... or if you are physically in bad shape to begin with or are elderly.

So I'm not worried.

#49 ·
That's the thing... most strains of flu pose the exact same threat. This one is really no different. It's just a new strain, so there's no vaccine available en-masse yet, but it's coming soon.

:whs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.