Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

SCT DEBATE

2K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Cat_Rebel 
#1 ·
:blah::blah:Here's my situation. I've had quadzilla, edge, bully dog....you name it & I've tried it & the only time I was happy was a Superchip/Edge Combo but I'm pretty sure my wagon can handle more. I've had enough wrenching to step up to sticks(problaby 190s or so) and a charger but don't have the time for it so I've been researching SCT's. :confused::confused:The problem is that I don't really know which one would be best for the mods I've already done...I'm leaning toward the Livewire but not sure. I'd appreciate lots of replies on this subject since it seems 90% of the folks on this site are runnin' SCT's. :pointlaugh:

#2 ·
and x3 and livewire will do the same exact thing. livewire just has guages instead. Get the x3 and a set of gauges and you will be set. Call innovative diesel or gogodiesel.com and get some tunes!

#4 ·
x3 Dex might have a Dodge but he knows what he is talking about lol.

If your thinking of stepping up injectors and charger at some point then a custom tuned SCT is the only way to go instead of some canned tune made to work on any and all trucks.

#5 ·
Pretty much what everyone has said on here, Do an SCT X3 with innovative tunes and get some analog gauges to monitor everything, thats the set up i have and im extremely happy with it! :ford:

#6 ·
I have a LiveWire for my truck and a X3 for my ol' ladys Escape. I like the LiveWire a lot more than the X3! Its just a better tuner IMHO. I have analog gauges (egt, trans, boost, and fuel pressure hooked up so far) also but I don't have every gauge that my LW has. But with that said they both will install your IDP custom tunes :D I got my LW from Innovative.

#9 ·
I have tunes from IDP and Gearhead Auto. Both are great, Matt's tune (Gearhead) has a little less smoke than Eric's(Innovative). EGT's are also slightly lower on Matt's tune. Both are site sponsors and great people. Matt is on here alot(Mattr66) and is easy to reach in PM's if you are intrested. Just another suggestion...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.