Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

First one of the year...

2K views 38 replies 24 participants last post by  PHPDiesel 
#1 ·
Got pulled over last night for Modified Exhaust.....he said its illegal, so I asked why multiple times and he just kept saying its illigal....He then walks around the truck, comes back and says "your fogs are on" I said ......ok and laughed.....he go back to his car and comes back with and 85 dollar ticket for exhaust and fogs:doh: Does anyone know if this citation will effect my insurance? I live in Mass...

#4 ·
In NY a diesel truck can have Modified Exhaust. i got pulled over once b/c of it, and the lady tried to give me a ticket but her partner told her you can't give diesel trucks tickets for that.
So i left there with just a window tinting ticket.
She was a new got in training

#5 ·
They may have you on the stacks. Most pickups are still considered passenger vehicles, and the exhaust must exhaust past the rear axle. I would fight it though, to find out what the exact wording/interpretation of the law is.

#6 ·
They may have you on the stacks. Most pickups are still considered passenger vehicles, and the exhaust must exhaust past the rear axle. I would fight it though, to find out what the exact wording/interpretation of the law is.
Damn straight, F*CK the police! He was busy giving you a ticket when his ass shouldve been out busting druggies and people who are REALLY breaking the law, besides the cop that busted you is just pissed because he probably drives a PRIUS or RICER LOLLOLLOL

#9 ·
Because Redsox had nicer fogs than the cops POS Ricer LOL

#13 ·
He told me that fogs are illegal! So why do they put them on the truck haha...yea the cop was definatly jealous, I just hope he doesent keep pulling me over. He said "Well....I hope you can re-sell these thing..." I just looked at him and said "yea.....right" :pointlaugh:

#14 ·
mass and RI cops have nothing to do...sounds familiar.

I once got a failure to yield ticket for 85$ at 1130 at night, with NO ONE on the road, getting off the off ramp, and slowing down ANYWAY. I was in a blown fox mustang though. Most bogus ticket of my life.

#16 ·
i thought on a diesel truck the exhaust had to exit rear of the cab..meaning stacks were fine.....i ran around for a long time with a turn down right back of the cab and nothing was said..then with it turned out infront of the tire and nothing was said...it sounds like to me that he was just having a bad and wanted someone to pick on

#17 ·
In Ohio it has to exit past the rear of the cab on a truck.

I ran just a dp for a week or so and then about 3' of pipe on that for another month or so. :D

You could definately hear me coming, but I had no problems with the local cops.

Dave

#18 ·
I know lovinherstoker got a ticket last month for one here in California, and I think a couple other guys said they got one, too. I dont know what she/they ended up with on that, I think they were gonna fight 'em. Though, in California everything is illegal...:mad:

#19 ·
You have no idea man it sucks out here. I honestly got into it with a cop because he said my truck was too loud and the exhaust was too loud and everything else.. And i pretty much made him look like a complete jackass after 5 mins of arguing with me and he finally realized that my truck was a diesel... Not that the badge on the door says it or anything :doh:... I honestly want 2 leave this liberal god forsaken state soo bad lol

#21 ·
Trust me i know! if you want a really good laugh 2 go #### with the idiots @ the DMV say u want your HOV stickers for your truck since it is a hybrid..
Gotta love how ignorant people are that they dont understand that our trucks are "hybrids" but we are discriminated because the size of the viechle.. Everything out here is backwards..
Not gonna pull over the women drivers doing their ####### makeup and talking on the phone and everythign else while driving but ill get harrassed because my truck is loud? Or whatever poor excuse they have 2 attempt to profile people with trucks like that.. Its dumb.

#32 ·
Trust me i know! if you want a really good laugh 2 go #### with the idiots @ the DMV say u want your HOV stickers for your truck since it is a hybrid..
Gotta love how ignorant people are that they dont understand that our trucks are "hybrids" but we are discriminated because the size of the viechle.. Everything out here is backwards..
Not gonna pull over the women drivers doing their ####### makeup and talking on the phone and everythign else while driving but ill get harrassed because my truck is loud? Or whatever poor excuse they have 2 attempt to profile people with trucks like that.. Its dumb.
What do you mean our trucks are hybrids?I dont see how they are...:shrug:

#22 ·
I don't know much at all about the legality of the stacks here in Ma but the fog light thing sounds like total BS. I know about 90% of the superduties I see running around have the fog lights on all the time, I know I turn mine on and have never been hassled for them. Can't see how it could be a big issue when they are factory installed, and almost seem more of like a "driving" light than a fog light since they are clear/white instead of yellowed out like a typical dedicated fog light.

I do think the cops are starting to crack down on tickets recently to get some money in the coffers. I had one tell me the other day he was writing tickets for some quota grant or something.

#26 ·
Exactly what I was thinking! I told the guys why do they put them on the god da** truck if you cant use them?:poke:

#23 ·
Still wondering why we need to watch what we say about the police?

#24 ·
Because we are all Right Wing Extremists And DHS is gonna come and swoop us up :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

#27 ·
Hi guys, about the fogs, in Ma your not allowed to drive in good or clear weather conditions with fogs on says DOT.
About your stacks, go to the website from DOT and get info from there, depends on the vehicle and weight, sort of stupid but on certain trucks over 3000 Kg. your allowed to have no muffler but you must run 6-8 inch straight LOL So my best guess is, you drive up to a scale and ask the DOT there, but make sure your truck is in good mechanical shape and clean.

#29 ·
Well I guess thats good to know about the fogs.....probably the dumbest law ive heard of haha thanks for the info.

#28 ·
BTW, wait for next year with the new emission law for diesel, there the guys in Ca. will be eating tickets like nobody else. My condolences to you guys.
The only thing the cops will do is check under your truck if you still running the DPF or not, if not open your pocket and bend over, please.

#31 ·
Thanks for reminding us how much Ca sucks:doh:

#33 ·
I dont think they are Hybrids but they are alternative fuel vehicles which can get special plates. All you have to do is say you run on vegetable oil or a partial mix of vegetable oil.
I thought about doing that here in AZ to piss off the hybrid drivers, but the plate looks too gay so Ill stick to smoking them out.

#35 ·
thats stupid...you need to move down to Texas cops dont care bout exhaust...cuz everybody has "illegel" exhaust...lol you should fight that ticket

#37 ·
Well, from what I've been told by LEOs, there is indeed such a thing as a quota for tickets, hence why comes last week of every month I avoid doing anything stupid or even questionable...

Also, about your fogs being illegal, and you having to sell them - not true, running them in fair weather may be illegal, but having them is not, even more so if they are factory equipment. That part of the ticket can be argued in court, depending on what exactly the ticket says.

The exhaust, well that I dunno about, depends on the MADOT regulations, you wanna look into exhaust exits locations and also muffler requirements.

#38 ·
The California Air Resources Board (CARB) has been the group that most other states follow. If an aftermarket vehicle part or accessory has been CARB approved, then generally that item is legal in all other states.

I'd want to see in writting where the fog lights and/or exhaust were illegal.

#39 ·
Running "fog lights" SHOULD be illegal. Every idiot and their mom has them on every second that the car/truck is in operation. First off, the "fog lights" on newer cars (and namely GM "trucks") are bigger than the god damned headlights, twice as bright, and adjusted towards the ####ing sky right at oncoming traffic.

If I were a LEO, I would bust every one of those pricks.

Exhaust is a non-issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.