Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

03 Powerstroke Rockwells 2009 TTC

13K views 50 replies 17 participants last post by  houseofdiesel 
#1 ·
I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for voting me into Four Wheeler Magazine's 2009 TTC. I appreciate everyones support, and we look forward to putting on a show. The closed to public competition will be held for June 8-12 and appear in the Sep. and October issues. They open up the gates to the public for the weekend following the event, to wheel with the MAG and Competitors.

The Rockwells are finally under the truck and ready to go, and here is a short VID of me testing for any binding or rubbing over the weekend.

See less See more
1 1
#8 ·
Awsome. I would love to see your rig in person as a diesel and 4x4 enthusiast, its definitely 1 of a kind. How long have you been wheelin and doin ttc type stuff? I was wondering if you knew noel "Dozer"?
I've been wheeling for over 15 years. I grew up on ranches and hunting in Northern California, so wheeling was how you got to where you wanted to go. I learned to drive using a like '82 Suburban outside of Fall River Mills. My first daily driver was my brother's hunting rig, a '67 FJ40 with 33s and no power steering. Since high school I've always wheeled trucks though. Not events but stupid place doing stupid things. As far as events I've only went to expo's and demo's. It kind of doesn't really have a class. On my myspace and youtube there is a bunch of footage of these shows. I'm horrible with names, but Dozer sounds familiar. What's he drive or wheel? I probably met him last year at the Cal Expo thing. I did that one and one in Roseville where I destroyed my Dana 60s in the SuperCrawler and a power steering box in the '08 Superduty.

#10 ·
Noel Chadbourn. He used to live in San Jose, then moved to Fresno. He passed away August of 2007. He was an alternate for Top Truck that year to i think. He had 2 f350 duallys, i think both 6.0's. His wheelin rig was a tube chassis with chevy running gear. Heres a few pics.

#11 ·
Noel Chadbourn. He used to live in San Jose, then moved to Fresno. He passed away August of 2007. He was an alternate for Top Truck that year to i think. He had 2 f350 duallys, i think both 6.0's. His wheelin rig was a tube chassis with chevy running gear. Heres a few pics.
No sir I was never fortunate enough to meet him. I'm sorry for the loss. I lost one of my best friends in 07 myself. It sucks man, we really have to take advantage of the time we have here.

#13 ·
Hypermax Mach7. I've never used there setup on a 6.0 before, but I've always had great success with their stuff on the 7.3s. I run their injectors on all my rigs. I don't think anyone can match Ron's quality, experience, and consistency.
I usually use Edge Platinums with A2s, but the 03 and 04s can't give as many features, so I decided to try something different. The SCTs are good but hit and miss on tunes. I don't have that kind of time so I wanted something consistent and set. So far I love the throttle response. If you meant the other kind of tunes, I'll post some pics tomorrow. Its got an Alpine Deck, 2 Arc 1000 Watt Amps, 2 10" Subs, and 4 6"s, all ARC Audio Chip Foose line.

#17 ·
I had a little problem while testing at a run two weeks ago. While running the most difficult course of the event the Tank Trap I came around a corner and forgot to center the rear steer. Was making great time too and had already made it through all the hard stuff. I had started hammering on it really hard to get out as fast as I could because I thought I was smelling radiator fluid. After we up righted it I checked all the fluids and ran the mud pit with no problems. The pictures of the flop are at the end of the video. I actually found a small hole in one of the return lines to the over flow this week.

#21 ·
I was totally impressed. With the Rockwells under it, now I can really have fun. My only concern is the added weight to the structure so I'm going thru and adding gussets at all attachment and load bearing points. Other than that I'm just running her hard trying to make sure that the Trans and T-case can keep up. I'd rather be fixing something and dialing it in right up until the day of the event than during the event.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.