Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What is the Best Mileage you have heard of?

11K views 69 replies 53 participants last post by  97WhiteFlatty 
#1 ·
What is the Best Mileage you have heard of?

#2 ·
in what? I've got a friend that has an old scooter that gets like 150 MPG :poke::poke:

#7 ·
In your truck pulling what kind of trailer? Weighing how much? Your question needs to be more detailed.

#10 ·
Best (assuming for our trucks...) I'd honestly have to say Dave Whitmer (moderator of this forum).
worst... My friend has a biga** 5th wheel that he pulled through the Nevada desert headed east @ 70-75 mph... Averaged 4.7.... Major ouch.

#12 ·
Best I've gotten is 24.5mpg, and i'm still getting around that at 60-64mph on the highway.
Worst I've gotten was something like 8mpg grossing 26k.

#13 ·
Best i've ever gotten was an average of 24 mpg driving mostly interstate with the cruise set at 2K rpm which is around 70 mph.

Don't know what i get on average for my daily stuff, i don't care that much. I didn't buy the truck to get good mileage. That is why i have a civic and a motorcycle

#15 ·
i am seeing 22 with my 08 mixed city and highway

#17 ·
Best I've got was 52 in the Range. Worst I have seen was 2 in my uncle's Duramax grossing 28k.

#18 ·
well i can squeeze 22 out of mine. worst i ever got was 16 when i was all about trying to see how much boost my hg could hold.

#21 ·
what i just did. 24.5 Mpg from Ohio to NH. Most of the time @ ~70 mph with cruse. made it in a 1/8 over 3/4 tank. Back home drive, 03 F150 4 door, 4x4, 5.4 V8. same speed. 13.5 mpg. <ouch

#42 ·
LOLLOL I've never understood why people check mileage on one tank.....and towing....who cares about mileage....you're towing!

I check mine over every quarter year(keep fuel records for farm) with fuel visible in the neck only on the fills that I plan on checking for the quarter. Total #miles over total gallons.....since I overhauled my engine and got it back on the road back in Feb. I've averaged 18-19 so far this year in the first 12,000 miles....towing, city and highway all together. And I tow on a weekly basis on the farm...anywhere from 18-24k gross pick up, trailer and all.

#25 ·
um best of 17.5 Hwy down to like 10 towing. what the hell I thought I was about right cause my average is like 15 with my shell on. You guys and your 20+ ..... I feel like:pointlaugh:

#26 ·
Going to TS with the 2000 first tank was around 18.5mpg that's running it the hot setting driving 75mph, 70mph & 65mph depending on what area we were in. Didn't check on the second tank because we ran the last 45mins of the trip doing about 85+ just knew it wasn't good.

#27 ·
Best was 24.8 hand calculated from tampa florida to wells maine. Thats in the mostly stock excursion, inside frighted with vacation stuff, towing nothing.

Worst I've seen with it was 15 hauling a 7x18 enclosed trailer loaded with bikes on basically the same trip.

#30 ·
worst---11 (I was driving her pretty hard)

Best---19-19.8 going up to dallas on a cold rainy day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.