Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Diesel Power Mag- ATS Cover Truck

7K views 72 replies 32 participants last post by  theSLEEPER 
#1 ·
Ok guys...I am sure that many of you have read or atleast looked through the latest Diesel Power magazine. It has the big white 6.4L on the front with stacks. As many of you may already know, ATS had an ad in the magazine showing off their new high performance DPF system. A lot of people made a big deal about it while others seemed interested and could maybe buy into it. This truck on the cover is the first truck to be equiped with one of these systems, obviously because it is ATS's truck and they are still in the testing process. I read through the article and found it to be pretty interesting. Just wanted to see what the rest of you guys thought about it. Keep it clean please :D

#3 ·
Already answered this on another forum, their stack look retarded and I will still never buy anything from ATS, all their bad mouthing about DPF delete companies carried on to their dumb high flow dpf

#9 ·
I look at it this way, they are saying it flows 30 percent more, what is 30 percent increase worth to you? A DPF flows crappy for a reason and now you have 30 percent increase so whoopy now your flowing the amount of air equivalent to breathing through a straw. What does a DPF cost to replace? Something like 3 grand from the factory so now they'll want a core replacement, the hassle vs benefit factor isn't there. The highly publicized bashing of other companies in a recent letter pretty much put ATS in the Chitter in my book, i'm embarrassed to have a tranny built by them and will not do business with such a company. The world has enough azzholes lets keep our sport user friendly.

#10 ·
Oh man....

I won't buy anything from ATS...

not because of the widely publicized letter (that was blown out of pre-portion) but because they don't make proven 6.0 products.

On a seperate note as stated before. I support any company trying to work with the emissions to produce a better performing yet emission compliant engine.

Hate to say it but if you think DPF's are bad just wait till you see whats coming.

as for keeping the sport friendly most big name shops are very cut throat to there competitors its no surprise that ATS is doing what its doing to me. it just got brought out for the public to see.

As for the truck great looking truck look forward to its progress.

#11 ·
Oh man....

I won't buy anything from ATS...

not because of the widely publicized letter (that was blown out of pre-portion) but because they don't make proven 6.0 products.

On a seperate note as stated before. I support any company trying to work with the emissions to produce a better performing yet emission compliant engine.

Hate to say it but if you think DPF's are bad just wait till you see whats coming.

as for keeping the sport friendly most big name shops are very cut throat to there competitors its no surprise that ATS is doing what its doing to me. it just got brought out for the public to see.
Oh i have no idea whats in the mix, nor do i care i wont buy a new new diesel, i've been sticking with my stout 7.3's and thats where i'll stay. The newest i'll come is to the 6.0 thats about it

#15 ·
Couldn't agree more. Urea Injection will be on the new 6.7L from Ford too. International isn't going for it, but instead they're going to add even more EGR to the mix. So it's pick your poison at this point.

As for pickups, I think moving forward (meaning 5, 10, 20 years from now), it won't be about how to delete the cat and DPF, but more about buying aftermarket DPF-back exhaust as the only aftermarket option. History is repeating itself, you'd be hard pressed to find anything but an aftermarket cat-back exhaust system for a gasser on the market today...

#17 ·
So I see that most dislike ATS lol. I agree with everyone on the matter of the letter. I have read it and was disgusted with them. I just thought it would be a cool subject to talk about since Diesel Power put them on the cover with a big article inside(no telling what ATS paid them). I do think that the diesel world needs to change a little, and its going to have to with the current laws and future laws. Not eveyone who has a 6.4 is going to want to make there truck illegal and warranty void. I think for some its a great start, and for others....well we have our solution already underneath the truck

#18 ·
ATS Trannys SUCK period, too many horror stories and crappy customer service, My question is how do they live with themself shipping a trans off, and it blows up less then 25 miles on it. What a piece of junk.

#25 ·
just bought my truck about a month ago with the ATS trans why does everybody hate ATS so bad???

#26 ·
Most know I used to work for a well known shop that sold/installed ATS transmssions....we used to bet on whether one would work or not when it was installed. The failure rate right outta the crate was astounding. The one that sticks out the most in my head was an Allison that wouldn't work at all....."dyno tested" mind you. The pan was pulled and parts were hanging there...solenoids had never even been bolted down. LOL

I run one of their converters now.....that's about the only trans part of theirs I'd own.

#34 ·
Looks like they named that white 08' just right, great white. Looks like ats turned into a bunch of sharks and is going to feed on the rest of the industry.

From the the show Trailer Park Boys, ats=C#*^k sukers

#36 ·
So basically what I am getting from most of the responses on here, no one, but a select few, likes ATS. That is very understandable for many of us using DPF deletes. And I guess the rest of you guys, 6.0 and 7.3 owners, have had bad experience with their turbos and tranny's. This thread was not intended to be a bashing thread, but more of a thread for people to share thoughts about where ATS is taking the diesel world with attmepting to create high performance particulate filters. I understand many guys love their smoke, but it aint all about the smoke in the diesel world. I mean it is if your all about dumping fuel, but power and smoke dont have to go hand in hand. Its cool to have it I guess, but as we all know emissions laws are going to start getting tougher and will probably eventually bite most of us in the as$ in the future. I think its good that companies are showing interest in cleaner diesel performance, but as most know ATS and Banks should go about their ways a lot differently. Thats my .02

#35 ·
Can't say that I have never had problems with my transmission, but the problems I did have were all taken care of. Seems like they definitely were not doing a good job with quality control a few years back, but form my recent dealings with them it appears that they addressed most of that. From what they charge for those transmissions I completely understand the frustration of having problems with one.

#37 ·
This is not an ATS owned truck. This is someones truck who is probably very proud to have his truck in witch he has tons of money & hard work into, on the cover of the most well known diesel mag (and it happens to be a :ford:,) wouldn't you be proud? (employee or not, it doesn't matter) I think ya'll need to back-off a bit.

Garrett @ Elite Diesel Eng.

#38 ·
I agree with the backing off, I didnt create the thread for there to be bashing. If this guy is not working for ATS, then he is testing for them. The article says that he truck has their high performance DPF system and that it is still in testing. So basically ATS has put a lot of their new performance parts on this truck and the guy is testing it? :shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.