Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

BLE products EGR eliminator

8K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  FRUITBOY 
#1 ·
Has anyone used on of these? I was just curious on how the install is on them and whether its a good product or not. thanks

Robert

#2 ·
Wow, those are expensive... I think you can find a similar set-up on Ebay for much less $$$. You might also get a CEL for low EGR flow if your truck is 05 or newer, unless you have a tuner to shut the EGR off.

#3 ·
#4 ·
well, i just bought my first diesel truck last month to pull my enclose trailer and drag car with. The only reason i'm even worried about it is because i drove another 06 F350 and it would build boost much quicker than my truck. It would build 20psi just driving around and he said it was stock. Mine will build around 10-12, so i was kind of wondering if the EGR valve was all gunked up. I thought this may have been an easy solution. I did read an article on here the other day on how to clean the valve, so i may make an attempt to do that tomorrow.

#11 ·
Are the EGR delete kits fairly simple to install? I've built a few small block chevy's for my drag car, but i've never worked on a diesel before. I know a buddy of mine is sending his to some big name diesel shop to get the egr deleted on his 04 F350. I can't remember the name of the shop for the life of me though. They quoted him somewhere around 1000 bucks for parts and labor. I'm really not wanting to spend that kind of cash for something i could do myself.

#13 ·
The EGR delete is a pretty technical install, however with every paid purchase we supply a full step by step PDF file on how to remove and reinstall the intake manifold, its very details with all of the torque specs and sequences. I personally think you (who have built motors before) would have any issues doing an install yourself.

#12 ·
I installed a GOS Performance EGR delete kit in an 03 6.0 truck I have, took about 4 hrs to complete it. Pretty easy job using basic tools.

If you are talking about the BLE product, that is just an EGR valve plug and would only take a few minutes to install.

#15 ·
well i pulled the EGR valve yesterday and it had a little build up on it, but it wasn't too bad. I went ahead and cleaned it and bought two new O-rings and put it back in. I don't notice any change under normal driving conditions, but during hard acceleration, it seems to be a little more responsive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.