Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

My 6.0 Stinks - literally.

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  ntex 
#1 ·
I have to own one of the stinkiest 6.0’s in Texas. Seriously, you get in a 20’ radius of my rig and she’ll have you running for cover. It doesn’t smoke AT ALL, smells like a new truck in the cab…with the windows up, and runs as strong as when new – but it sure does smell up the place on the outside. People beside me roll up their windows instantly, and I find myself even a little surprised when I’m sitting at a red light with the windows down…. Every other 6.0 I’ve driven or stood beside have never emitted this much beautiful stink – so why is mine so special? Some things I’ve done beyond stock: No kitty with the 4” exhaust, and some nice SCT tunes. My HG’s are in great shape and it doesn’t puke a drop. This may read like I’m joking around but I would really like to know if there is a reason. It has stunk this great since new but now people around me are really taking notice. :pointlaugh: Thanks.

#4 ·
My truck's exhaust has a little more exhaust stank after I got my custom tunes on it. Just like you said it smells like diesel exhaust, just very strong. Maybe it's normal.

#6 ·
That depends... the stink doesn't bother me just smells like a diesel. But if you want someone to give it a test run;)

#7 ·
My truck is in the same category. It smells like you're sitting behind a 747 when warming up.

STANK!

(btw, my truck is getting 8 new injectors so maybe thats the stank?)

#11 ·
ROTFLMAO :hehe:
thank God I'm lucky enough not to have this problem LOL but then I doubt anyone would smell it since I have stacks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.