Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Spent a few hours at Beans today

18K views 210 replies 26 participants last post by  Adavel 
#1 ·
Well I went to Beans today to put the cummins on the scan tool and found that the engine is not loading up. Ryan checked a parameter that shows how much the engine is loading and the most we saw was 62%. Ryan said a good running Dodge will be in the upper 130%. I talked with a guy today that used to dyno cummins engines and he said that they look for the pcm to control the torque management and if it doesnt see this, it will go in a limp mode. I dont know if this is true but it makes sense. I dont know what to do now.

Big thanks to Ryan and the bunch at Beans diesel.

Here is a pic of the truck with the new wheels and fender flares

See less See more
#3 ·
Yep! See there. Shoulda kept the 7.3.....

j/k :D Had to

Hang in there. You'll get it worked out.
Ha Ha, It will still smoke the 7.3 I had in there by a long shot even at 62%

lol

#5 ·
I wll have to look too, but I think the vehicle speed comes through one of them

#7 ·
What kind of power did it dyno at? I'm curious if that is what I ran into.

#8 ·
I dynoed about a month ago , at 513hp / 983 torque

#9 ·
Hmmm.... This should be interesting. I really hope that you figure it out Coope. I am sure it is some little fix, but finding it out will be the task. This whole "limp mode" is for sure something worth looking into imo.

#10 ·
did you get the bugs worked out of yours Bennett

#11 ·
Nope. In fact, the problem you described is damn near exactly what mine was at. Load sat at about 60% and would never get higher. We thought maybe it was the electric fans, but trust me when I say that Bean has tried A LOT! He raped Mike's truck for parts and swapped everything out onto mine, and still no dice. The solution is still out there, we just need to find it. Truck runs and drives fine, but dynos about 200+HP short.

#12 ·
And it's possible Mike's truck is doing the same thing, but I am not positive because he is still getting it completely back together. All I know is that Mike's truck will be a mean SOB as will yours and mine once we get this little electrical grimlin sorted out.

#15 ·
Seams like I have the same issue. Couldn't get more than 550/1150 out of my twins with twin CP3's About 150 to 200 shirt as well.

#18 ·
I was looking through the prints and found that the Output speed sensor on the dodge goes to pins 25 and 26 on the PCM, Then the VSS is outputed to the ECM on pin 11 of C2

#23 ·
do you have the dodge PCM in your truck Rich since you have the Dodge tranny

#24 ·
Well I dont know what to try, I am thinking that the PCM may be doing some calculations and outputing a signal to the ECM. But what do I know.

#26 ·
Speaking of MAP/MAF sensor, does it matter which direction the air flows through the sensor in the air intake tube?

Mine shouldn't be a MAP sensor issue as the sensor is brand new.

#35 ·
Hope I am on that list too Bean.>>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.