Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.0 leaking oil

9K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  RescueF250 
#1 ·
I have an 03 F-250 Super Duty 6.0, 54,xxx miles. Had it at Ford a couple weeks ago for an oil leak. Leak was fixed under extended warranty, said it was o-ring on cam position sensor. When I got the truck home, I cleaned off all oil that was left underneath the truck around bell housing/oil pan area. You would of thought the dealer would of done that. This is the same dealer that had my truck for 7 days just to change a glow plug and clean turbo. Maybe its time for a new dealer..
Crawled under truck tonight to put egt probe back in and noticed it is still leaking oil.
Just exactly where is the cps located and what does it look like.
What the hell, any suggestions??

#2 ·
cam sensor is located left front side of lower eng . you can barely see the connector to it behind the power steering pump. wash sides of block w/brake clean,look some more. make sure its not running down from top of engine in rear. icp sensors on 03/early04s are famous for leaking bad from top/left rear of eng.

#3 ·
if the oil is running down around the bellhousing its most likely the icp. its straight up above the top of the trans so the oil has no where to go but down the bellhousing so i agree with pstroke its probally the icp

#6 ·
i got the same leak... never have took it in to get it looked at. just figured good way to lube the undercarrage LOL but if its the icp how big of a beeotch will it be to fix there is no room in there for my fat arms... any one want to take a picture and post on here to show us :)

#7 ·
I have a leak on a company truck i'm driving 03 F-350. Dealer told me that they couldn't find where it was coming from but said "These trucks are going to just leak a little oil" if you can believe that. Should have asked him could i get that in writing and signed. That would have been a nice letter to send to Ford.

#8 ·
Easy way to access the ICP on a 03 or 04, would be to move the coolant tank, the FICM, and you can access that from there or from the bottom as well. Mine

Noslow6.0
Also Mine leaks rumor goes if it doesnt leak it aint running right lol. Dont worry about it unless it really leaving alot of oil drops on the ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.