Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Lift Kit advice

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  OBSWIZ 
#1 ·
I have searched through multiple forums and just about everyone has something different to say.

I am looking for a lift to clear the 20in KMC rims with 35in Mickey Thompsons on a 03 F-250SD FX4 KR 6.0 I recently purchased. I don't know why the previous owner did not get a lift cause the front tires do rub.

I want the truck to ride well on road. I will not be doing any serious wheeling off road but a little clearance would be nice. I could also possible be towing a 5th wheel in the near future.

I want to stay under $1000 with nice shocks....

Any advice suggestions? Thanks!!:ford:

#3 ·
well you can try a 2" leveling kit but i dont think it will completely clear. i depends on your backspacing. my dad has 35's on his 06 with a leveling kit but he is running the stock 18" rims which dont have as much offset as the kmc's. a 4 inch lift is going to run you more $ than a 6 inch. they are expensive dont ask me why. you might as well try the leveling kit and if it still rubs look into a lift.

#5 ·
I currently have a 6 inch kit on my truck with 36's, and it will easily clear 37's. 6 inches may be a little more then your wanting. As far as what to go with, if you dont mind the looks of them, I would say to go with blocks, blocks also maintain the stock ride quality. If you put new springs on it, the ride is going to stiffen up a bit, but is better if you plan on doing any kind of offroading. The hanger kit is not a bad choice also. Hope this helps!!

#9 ·
The Bilstein leveling kit should give you enough clearance and provide an awesome ride. Comes with progressive springs and specially valved shocks. If you want to go higher then the Icon kit will give you the best ride. the Bilstein leveling kit is only about $450 whereas the Icon 4.5 kit is a couple grand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.