Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

to much coolant

987 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jake4747 
#1 ·
i just had my truck worked on i had an egr delete, and a reg fuel return installed.Got the truck back and when i get on it it sprays coolant all over the drivers side door.I asked him how much he put back after he flushed it out and he said he filled it to the top of the overflow line.I heard that 6.0s need only to be filled a 1/4 of the way because they puke.My heads are fine ,should i let it just get low then deal with it.The reason for the egr is so it wont flash boil the coolant right?.please advise
bootstrap1002:mad::shrug:0

#2 ·
If you had an EGR delete done and are still puking, the chances are pretty darn good that you still have an issue to be dealt with.....

I know you said your headgaskets are good but do you really know that?? I thought mine had only recently let go (it had only puked 3 times total, all of them within the past 3 months and none of them involved much coolant) yet when the heads were pulled, they had been leaking for quite some time. Your sig says you are running an SCT and spraying meth. Unless you are studded, I am betting your gaskets are compromised.

Other possibilities:

Your oil cooler is at least partially blocked. Even studded trucks can puke coolant if the oil cooler is bad..

Your heads are cracked. This is fairly rare but it does happen.

#6 ·
i had the same problem and changed the cap with a ford replacement and it didnt fix the problem. I went to get a oil and coolent change and low and behold the new cap was sh*t. got a cheap cap from the oil shop and havent had a problem since. get the cap pressure checked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.