Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Looky what I got!!!!

6K views 52 replies 28 participants last post by  Reubine 
#1 ·

See less See more
#12 ·
That right there is a good start!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so witch engine is going to get pumped?

#17 ·
I am going to do the 6.0. I think it will be easier and cheaper.

Sweet! :rockwoot: I'll be really interested to see how that turns out.

#23 ·
Well it would be doing the 7.3 but backwards because of where the gear train is.But now you will have to mount the turbo in a different location, something like what Empire had done to their D-max and 7.3 . This can be done but a lot of thought and design will go into this.With what you have done with the 6.0 so far lubeowner it should turn out killer.
So what made you go with the 6.0 instead of the 7.3?

#24 ·
I am doing a 6.0 because of a couple main reason over the 7.3.

1. In the 7.3 you have to make the whole front cover and that is includes water passageways, oil pump provisions, and water pump mounting along with everything else on the front of the motor. On the 6.0 you just have to pretty much make the bracket that holds the p-pump and bolt in down in place of the hpop cover. I have a couple of secrets that we going to try to build in to the cover to drive the pump, but very simple.

2. I took apart a good 6.0 injector and studied how the fuel flows and oil flows in the injector. I have spent all week dreaming about how this will work but I think I got it nailed down yesterday. I have thought it would work for a couple weeks now but yesterday I really had a light come on. I am having a couple of pieces made that I will be able to press into the stock 6.0 injector and is should work as the injectors for the p-pump. The issue then will be getting the right nozzles on it. If I get that set of bad injectors early next week in the mail I should be able to get the modded injector to the local Diesel Injection shop and run it on thier flow bench to prove if this idea will work or not. Now remember that most ideas don't work perfectly the first time. They get you close but can takes weeks, months or even years to cross the next hurdle. And If I can't make the stock 6.0 injectors work then I have step 3 as an option.

3. There is an international injector that has almost identiacal bottom dimensions as the 6.0 injectors. To make this injectors work we just need to make a collar for it so that it will fatter like the 6.0 injector to hold from wobbling aroudn in the big hole. Then we have to make some custom hold downs as the length is about 1/2 inch longer and the hooking point on the injectors is alot smaller.

4. I have a spare motor laying around that I can use to build off of. I am really a big fan of the 6.0. Nobody else has done it. If the stock injectors work I think I can build a kit that will be in the price range that everyone that wants to take the 6.0 to the next level will be able to p-pump there own 6.0. That right, I dream of the day that there are 1000's of p-pumped 6.0 out there on the drag track and the dirt pulling track running around competing with the cummins and d-maxes! But again I only have a couple ideas in my head, nothing that actually works.

Right now I am in need of a stock cam gear. I can't buy one as they only come from Ford mounted on the cam and I would prefer to noy have to spend the money on a new cam. Maybe someone has a junk 6.0 motor laying around that they would like to sell or just the cam gear.

#25 ·
I have had the same idea for the injector install on the 7.3 for a while just no time to tare a engine down to do it. It sounds like you have a good idea of what has to be done, best of luck and keep us posted.

#27 ·
WOW!!!!! These pumps are huge. I have it close to final position. I need to get the rest of the oil cooler moved to get it in its final place. The pump is sitting about 1 inch high here, but front to back is right. I am waiting on the pump drive hub from Columbus to get it in the right spot. It should show up tomorrow or Wednesday. I wonder how big of a body lift the truck will need to clear this thing and the cowl.

#31 ·
It might not need much more height at all to clear...you are good for about 9in above the intake manifold before you start hitting the firewall. The interesting thing will be finding places to put your turbos...

#32 ·
You'll probably need a cowl hood though...alot more clearance with those

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.