Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

i know its beens discussed, but ad's in my obs.

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  tjbeggs 
#1 ·
i got a chance to pick up my buddy's stock ad's for nothing. he owes me money and givin me parts. what all is invovled and putting them in my truck an making it run properly. i know whats invovled with swapping the injectors worked for ford for 3 years. just wonderin obut the tuning side of it, i got a dp tuner. thanks Cory

#8 ·
You can run them as is on single shot programming but they will run better on split shot programming. Just get your chip reburned. On single programming you could have a lope idle at every start up that is annoying. I fixed it for a long time with a 10K mod along with my chip. Then finally just got a chip from Tony with split shot programming.

Also they are HP oil HUNGRY with a chip. Not too bad in the lower settings but even with a 17 degree pump I can set a CEL 1211 at will in Street race and Extreme settings.

#9 ·
Hey Tim! How's it going? :D
I don't see the advantage of going to split shots ? Why do it?
duh dee!
What do you think about your 6.0 intercooler? Didn't you have a 7.3 first and then went to the 6.0 later? Or maybe it is somebody else I'm thinking of?

You can run them as is on single shot programming but they will run better on split shot programming. Just get your chip reburned. On single programming you could have a lope idle at every start up that is annoying. I fixed it for a long time with a 10K mod along with my chip. Then finally just got a chip from Tony with split shot programming.

Also they are HP oil HUNGRY with a chip. Not too bad in the lower settings but even with a 17 degree pump I can set a CEL 1211 at will in Street race and Extreme settings.

#10 ·
Yes I had a 7.3 and not 6.0 cooler. I haven't noticed any difference yet. I am just a bigger is better guy and I got a good deal on the 6.0 cooler.

The AD's are a poor choice unless they are free. If they are free then their short comings versus stage 1's are equaled out. They won't produce the power of stage 1's but they are as close as you can get for free.

#11 ·
i slammed mine in today. spent 160 on o rings. so far so good. my dp is already in the mail back to jody for some re tuning anyways. called him today to let him change everything for the ad's. i got a 17* pump on my truck already an hardly ever use the high hp settings on my chip. for bein only 20 i pop pop my trucks. cant sfford replacin parts all the time, but when an if the time comes i do have the extra power if needed.

#13 ·
Yes I would say $400 is too much. Throw another $100 in there and you can have Jim at DIY build you a set of stage 1's less if you do the build yourself on your current injectors. Really IMO unless the AD's are absolutely free you are better off to get a DIY injector kit and build some stage 1's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.