Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Elite Diesel EGR Delete Question

8K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Stroker67 
#1 ·
Does the Elite Diesel EGR delete kit completely delete the EGR cooler and valve? Or does it just keep the valve in there just inactive?

Just tryin fix the EGR bs so i dont have to spend 3500 on parts that will brake another 13k miles down the road.

#2 ·
yes it deletes the cooler and the valve also. not a bad looking kit, I got mine in a few days ago. it also comes with the up pipe block plate for if you have an 03/04. I'm going to be using mine with Adam's up pipe though. It also comes with pretty good typed out install sheets/instructions. I'll hopefully be adding a few pics to my webshots late tonight or early am

#3 ·
You can get a kit from Elite with a new up-pipe i believe.

I think i'll be going this route. Thanks for the quick reply Harley! :D

#5 ·
Not a problem.
But I do have to say this though- Adam's up pipe is pretty hard to beat. He takes the bellow out of it so that it's a solid, clean pipe and you won't have the problem of ever having a leak in the bellow should it crack. With that said, Elite's sneaky pipe makes it appears to be a stock pipe so no one can tell it's a blank. As far as the EGR cooler and valve delete- I have always stated my stand/opinion on that, no offense Adam. I even have a local friend that offers an EGR cooler delete that I won't buy because as far as I'm concerned the Elite type of cooler delete (same style as the ITP/LIB or IDP/LIB kit) is the style I personally prefer and think is the best IN MY OPINION. I also like the idea of being able to turn it back stock if I ever need to because it uses a bolt in plate to delete the EGR valve instead of being welded. That big chunk of aluminum is as expensive as h*ll to buy from the dealer if you wanted to go back to stock :doh:

#7 ·
Well, I honestly don't think either would pass a close visual inspection. The best way to tell is to go out and look at your motor and see if you can see your EGR cooler or not. If you cannot see it then yes they both should pass a light visual inspection- if you can see the cooler then honestly probably not. It all depends on how thorough the inspection is. But the EGR valve is right there in front so if they look for it they'll see it's not there Are you talking like a once a year state inspection or :shrug: If it's a once a year deal then worse case scenario you could put it back to stock with the Elite type delete if absolutely necessary or at least unbolt the EGR valve delete plate and throw the valve back into it to look like it was working ;)

#8 ·
the one thing that the lib/elite kit doesn't address, that we do is intake manifold cleanliness..

Our manifolds are hot tanked and pressure washed, the inside of them are clean upon arrival(not perfect) but alot better then what anybodys current intake manifold looks like. With the EGR system intact the inside of the manifold will be caked up with sludge..they get pretty nasty.

Yes, our kit isnt reversible, but we see that as a plus, all the welds are pressure tested so there wont be any leaks.

Our kit removes the EGR valve in most cases, BUT upon request we can leave that EGR valve hole open, if you wish.

#9 ·
the one thing that the lib/elite kit doesn't address, that we do is intake manifold cleanliness..

Our manifolds are hot tanked and pressure washed, the inside of them are clean upon arrival(not perfect) but alot better then what anybodys current intake manifold looks like. With the EGR system intact the inside of the manifold will be caked up with sludge..they get pretty nasty.
Yeah, I'm going to take mine to the carwash and spend $5 on spraying mine out. (Doubt it'll cost that much honestly) In all honesty mine isn't as nasty as it would need to be in my opinion to really need hot tanked :shrug: All a person would need to do is hose it down with degreaser before they left their house and take it to the carwash to hose it out. As Adam said- it won't be perfect but it'll be good enough for me :D
Also I want to make it clear I'm not trying to sell you on an Elite kit. The way I look at it there's more choices out there now than ever. Some cost more, some cost less, some look this way, and others look that way. I mean shoot you have Adam selling his kit, Dennis @ ITP sells the Liberator kit, GOS sells a kit, Elite sells a kit, and Eric @ IDP is an Elite dealer and sells BOTH Adam's and the liberator kit. And that's just naming a couple of people's kits, lol. They all do basically the same thing- you just have to decide what design you want. I honestly feel for my aplication what I have (Adam's up pipe w/Elite's delete kit) is the best way to go. But then everybody thinks their's is the best- just ask Adam which is the best LOL :)poke: @ Adam) or any one else that has one no matter who they bought it from.
HeII there's even a cat on ebay selling what he's calling an improved EGR cooler. Apparently from what he says is that he takes them apart and adds multiple welds where they have been failing to make it stronger :shrug:

#12 ·
:whs: Agreed :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.