Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Installing Gauges...

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Abrannan19 
#1 ·
How hard is it? My pillar came in with the EGT, Trans Temp and Boost. I was wondering if i should save the money and do it myself. I know that I will have to drill a hole in the exhaust manifold. I heard if a guy uses a greased up drill and a vacuum he should be fine. Now the Boost and the Trans temp. Where do those go... Thanks guys! Jeff

#3 ·
I would just drill the hole in the manifold, dont use grease if you want to vacuum it out go ahead, Its not going to hurt the turbo if that little bit goes through it. It take a few seconds for the turbo to spool anyways. As far as the boost you can tap the spyder or you can T into the line that goes to the spyder.

#4 ·
As far as the boost you can tap the spyder or you can T into the line that goes to the spyder.
Whats the spyder? I just drilled and tapped my intake elbow for my boost gauge.

#6 ·
Ok great guys thanks alot I am about to go out to the garage and start the install. We will see how it goes doesnt look to be to hard just is going to take a while!

#8 ·
Why... Thats a good question!... SORRY! I guess i posted it in the wrong section???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.