Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.0 oil pressure trouble

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  lubeventure 
#1 ·
hi I hope someone can help, 2004 F350 6.0 when stoped has no oil pressure when moving has oil pressure as normal, changed oil and sentinal still same trouble, it is a little harder to start after trouble started, but still starts no knocking in motor when stoped I hope someone will reply
thanks for any help

#4 ·
Im just throwing ideas out here, but does any know if the PSD oil pump has a relief valve? If so, is there any way of checking such a thing?

Sounds to me like there is a leak some where in the system, causing the pressure to be low.

#8 ·
there was a guy on another group, his stc fitting was leaking so badly it was actually effecting his oil pressure. If you have an 05 or newer it is something to consider. if it is a pre-04 then it is possible the pressure relief spring in the lpop has started to go or the lpop is going. I would find the issue as soon as possible. Your pressure is low, you ideal would like to see at least 10psi per 1k rpms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.