Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

twin turbo for 7.3

30K views 76 replies 20 participants last post by  powerstrokenstang 
#1 ·
does any one know any thing about long island diesel performances twin turbo or any body else make one or is it werth it
:fordoval:

#3 ·
#4 ·
Love that sig, lol:

Annoy A Liberal
Work Hard, Succeed, Live Happy!

#7 ·
They told me their twins would not put out as much CFM as my GT42R. And that it was intended for a virtually stock truck that wanted to get rid of the lag.

#16 ·
Im new i signed up to the forum just for this question I am building a twin turbo 7.3 powerstroke in my 2000 f350 and had a few questions first where is a good supply to get the oil to feed the second turbo? I did see at the back of the turbo pedestal that there are two plugs for the feed and return and was wondering if i taked into that would work? and could i "T" off the hpop or is that way to much pressure for the seals in the turbo and also where could i drain the turbo into besides the oil pan? thanks alot everyone and i love the truck man it looks great

#17 ·
oil looks to be the best drain. and any plug on the side of the block. they are main galley holes. thats what im using on mine.. look at my compound thread for some more ideas

#24 ·
sorry i ment drilling a hole and mounting a fitting to the oil pan is the best way to drain the oil for the lp turbo.

and there are several square plugs in the side of the block that can be used to supply oil to the turbo. they are main bearing oil gallies.

#25 ·
alright sweet i'll see what i can come up with also there is a black plastic canister behind the passenger side battery with what looks like two vacume line on it i just moved it over for now but is there some way to bypass that or do you know what it does because its in the way of my turbo :shrug: and also is there a way to mount a fitting without removing the pan? when i build my twin turbo mustang i had the motor out and welded a fitting on it but dont really want to pull the motor or is there somewhere else i can drain to? thanks so much for your help your a life saver

#27 ·
you will have to pull the pan, due to the cutting of the hole and the metal shavings in the oil.. imo.

I looked for the oil gallie plugs you were talking about on the side of the block but couldnt find any? I only found a coolant plug?
i will post some pictures for you.

#32 ·
:nopics:

Post 'em up!!

#34 ·
ok im uploading them now. but i guess i was wrong. the oil plugs are only on the drivers side. :( sorry man. but thats where im gonna run my supply line to my primary.

thats at the rear of the engine

thats just behind the engine mount on the driver side. sorry for lyin to ya

#38 ·
well right now im seting it up with the stock turbo i have on it with a ported ats housing that was on it as my daily driver and to get it running im just using a hx35 turbo from a 5.9 cummins i had i know its was to small but i wanted all the tubing done then i get the big turbo. not real sure what im gonna put on it yet what about you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.