Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

overheated now no start

10K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  pwstroke199 
#1 ·
this is my first post on this forum, please help get my truck going.. the truck is a 04 f250 6.0 with 90k on it, my wife over heated it about a month ago and it hasn't ran sense.the shop change the oil and cam sensor and no help the truck will start with starting fluid but die.my scanner reads the following ficm-l is 13v, ficm-m is 47.92, ficm-v is 13v, icp volts koeo is .07-.08 and .25 when cranking , icp psi is 90psi when cranking and 1827 desire. ipr 15% to85% when cranking, the most rpm i could get is 146 to 170 when cranking. while i was doing these test the truck started for 3 sec and died,please help need to get truck on the road.:bowfast:

#5 ·
sorry for the delay in the reply, i've got the cooler pipes out of the way and today im pulling the valve covers. i have shop air just need to now how to air test the hpos, the ipr looks lile a pain to change.thanks for all the advice this forum is the best i've ever been on :ford:

#8 ·
didnt know i had to but i just checked the scanner and it said 15% duty:doh:
how do i shut it off i unpluged it but i guess thats not it,and if it is the stand pipe how do i get it out i can't get a wrench around it without removing the rockerarm, sorry for the ignorance to the 6.0 i'm use to 7.3 but i'll catch up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.