Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6 inch lift

6K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  ford7.3sd 
#1 ·
Well.....ive changed my mind again and I am thinking about maybe doing a 6 inch lift with 37" tires instead of a 4 inch lift with 35"s. But I am not exactly sure what I would need. Am I gonna need new brakelines? Also, should I be getting 16" by 8", or 16" by 10" wheels? And 37 inch tires should fit right? Its an 04. You guys gave me a lot of help in my last thread and any help here is appreciated.

#3 ·
No you don't NEED new brakelines, but stainless braided can never hurt, you have to bend the tabs down that hold the Hard to soft line connection to lengthen them, but it works fine, that's what I did on my f350 with an 8" lift. Tires should fit in fine, but don't expect tons of room, they won't be smashed in there though. And I would say for wheels a 16x10 for sure, especially since most 37s are 13.5" wide, 12.5" at the narrowest, and for both a 16x10 is optimal. Hope this helps,

Scott

#4 ·
And I thought I might as well give my $0.02 on the lift dilema, I went from a f350 with a 8" lift on 37s, to my f250 that is 4" on 35s, and personally I like the 4 on 35s much more. It has a great look and stance and definitely still look big, yet it is much more usable, comfortable, easier to drive, and rides better. Just my opinion and I don't even tow hardly ever, this is just daily driver input, but either way you will be happy I'm sure!

#5 ·
Definitely go with the 16x10's especially for 37's and will work good if you decide on 35's as well. I have 18x9's with a roughly 35x13 and I think it bulges out pretty good, so 10" wide rim should be good.

6" on 37's will probably look pretty good but will certainly be getting tall, and some sort of steps will be a big plus for getting in and out. I already get enough complaints from passengers about getting in and out of my truck and its only a 4" As Scott said the 4" is a nice compromise between daily driver and lifted, I can still get in and out of my bed pretty much as easy as a stock height truck.

#6 ·
Ok, cool. I still havent made the FINAL decision about a 4 or 6 inch lift, but either way im sure it will turn out nice. Thanks for all the help.

#7 ·
I wanted to do a 6inch and 37s but I didn't have the money and again hadta worry about state inspection I wouldve been to tall in the rear.. I have a leveling kit with blocks in the rear and 35s now it looks alright but I'd st

#9 ·
Yea im pretty sure im gonna go with the 6 inch lift and 37's, But what about the backspacing on the wheels? Where do I get those and how much are they? Or do they come with the wheels?

#10 ·
are you asking if the lift comes with wheels? Or are you asking how you can buy backspacing. Backspacing isn't a thing, its a measurement of the wheel. look here Click me. You will want 4.5" of backspace for these wheels, the tires will stick out a little bit, but just right for it's height, nothing stupid looking.

#11 ·
Yea I know the wheels dont come with the lift lol, I just didnt know if I needed to by a backspacer for the wheels to get them to fit. So I should be all set? Im gonna be getting a set of 16" by 10" Micky Tohmsons.

#13 ·
how about a 4 inch and 37s? it looks great

#14 ·
would a 4 inch lift fit with 37's? seems like it would be really close.

#15 ·
best pic i have.

i need to trim the bumper a hair more, but during DD duty it has no problems but leaf spring rub.

#16 ·
Yea that is definitly a tight fit, but it looks sick!

#17 ·
i love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.